• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Xavier Legette WR - Pick 32, Round 1

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He's not 6'3.  He was listed 6'3 at SC.  He was 6' at the combine. 

Legette has not practiced yet, and but the "glass half empty" crowd has decided to get vocal.  Good for you guys.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Please direct me to the WR in this draft that was available at 32 who is not raw in some ways?  We really traded up for the contract, not the person.  If switching a fifth for a sixth bothers you, you are talking about 23.6 trade value points.  Not a big deal.  However, if he plays, we could save $15m or so on the fifth year option.  It was smart, actually. 

All first rounders have strengths and weaknesses.  Most WRs have never faced press man coverage, and they struggle to do so st first.  He is 6'3" and 227--he will overcome it.

And being a good athlete is not a crime, even if you are tired of it.

Ladd Mcconkey

And Xavier Leggette is 6’ 1 not 6’3

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

godalmighty is he really that stupid, run on wrs?   Dude you literally have the next pick.   You just have to laugh

I honestly don't think he's making the decisions. I don't think Fitterer was either. These guys just have to go up there and try to make sense out of what Tepper is doing. They're just there to take the fall.

• Beer 1

Just now, FattyFatFat said:

Ladd Mcconkey

And Xavier Leggette is 6’ 1 not 6’3

What exactly is your point and what are you hoping to accomplish?  So the team did not draft the guy you wanted?  You think Ladd McConkey has no shortcomings?  This post demonstrates how you are looking for anything you can to prove that you are all knowing and the Panther general manager and coach are dumb.  Is that what you want?  Instead of taking the position, "I have no idea how this might work out, fingers crossed." you have decided to go on a witch hunt.  Not with you.  I hope he balls out enough to cause you to change your username and profile pic.

26 minutes ago, frankw said:

TMJ balled out in college and we see what's become of him. Production or lack of production doesn't guarantee anything the right situation also makes a big impact for receivers. They can't throw to themselves.

Also some of this is due to Bryce himself and I have no doubt as the season went on receivers got fed up with it. Would you keep trying to go full bore if your #1 pick couldn't hit you deep with the whole defense behind you?

Hopefully Canales can fix some of these issues and at least get us back in the end zone more often. But we are still at the mercy of Bryce Young's physical traits. We'll see what happens.

TMJ really didn't though. He was the third receiver on that stellar group and has 1600 yds in 3 years; Mingo's one year was more yards than TMJ's best year. TMJ being a stupid pick as well doesn't make Mingo better and Carolina just spent another high pick on another 1-year wonder college WR, though XL's peak appears much higher than those 2.

We aren't really on a different page here. I'm just expecting nothing NFL-worthy from Mingo.

Edited by KSpan
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

godalmighty is he really that stupid, run on wrs?   Dude you literally have the next pick.   You just have to laugh

We might be the dumbest organization in all of professional sports. I really can’t think of any that’s worse.  Ricky Pearsall at 31 must’ve really spooked them. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We need route runners. Guys who can win off the line and get open quickly. Technicians.

Then we draft another raw measurables guy. 

WIthout having seen the offense yet--we can assume that, but most WRs have the same weaknesses transitioning from college to pros.  I was avoiding Legette in my mocks, but they met with him quite a bit etc.  They apparently did not want to lose him.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I honestly don't think he's making the decisions. I don't think Fitterer was either. These guys just have to go up there and try to make sense out of what Tepper is doing. They're just there to take the fall.

It really makes you wonder why morgan was indeed hired.  I mean he was in the passenger seat for the building the worst roster in the nfl and he somehow miraculously gets this coveted job.   Man it makes you wonder

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

WIthout having seen the offense yet--we can assume that, but most WRs have the same weaknesses transitioning from college to pros.  I was avoiding Legette in my mocks, but they met with him quite a bit etc.  They apparently did not want to lose him.

separating the argument if XL was worth 32(or 33) how the fug were they going to lose him if they didnt trade up?   Such panicky behavior that I have grown accustomed to with this dumb fuging team. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, FattyFatFat said:

We might be the dumbest organization in all of professional sports. I really can’t think of any that’s worse.  Ricky Pearsall at 31 must’ve really spooked them. 

I think Pearsall was always going higher but yes, the run on WRs is going to happen today--CBs too.  However, the move that caused the Panthers to trade up was when Buffalo and KC switched positions.  Morgan and Beane are friends and that deal was pretty generous.  KC would not have surrendered the fifth year option, in all likelihood.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No doubt Tepper is/was involved, but the idea that Dan hasn’t been heavily involved the past few years is crazy.

Fitt wasn’t doing all this on his own.

Minus Fitt, this is the same crew.

• Pie 1