• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Live XL Presser

I wasn't wild about the whole youth pastor energy of Canales at first, but man, there is no doubt he is a sharp guy, and he's already polished when it comes to handling media questions. Another thought I have when watching him is that it's evident that HE believes what he's saying, and that's what makes it easier for others to believe what he's saying. I'm finally starting to feel like he's close to the perfect guy to pair with Morgan to rebuild a young team with a weak culture that we've suffered through this last decade. I really like the different energies they both bring and feel it meshes well. I hope they don't break my heart, haha. 

I'd have more of an issue with XL's one year of production if it came earlier in his college career and then he fell off. He made the most of his opportunities when his number was called, and did it in a pro-style offense, so I'm bullish on his potential to be great for us. 

If they can go into rounds 2 & 3 and get a stud center and one of the defensive guys that fell during that run on offense last night, that will make my weekend. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

25 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I had the honor of being around Legette a good bit his past two seasons at SC and can tell you he is a phenomenal human being. Took time before and after games to interact with children (mine included who became one of his little buddies and biggest fans) and never .issues a chance to smile and say something positive as is just his nature. One of the nicest people I have ever met hands down. 

Aside from top notch attitude there also exists one of the best work ethics I have ever witnessed off the field. He is a natural freak of nature but he works and trains as if he isn't and must catch up. Yes he was a late bloomer and came out of nowhere but something awoke in him a couple years ago where things began to click in his mind and everything began to come together for him. He has a work ethic that will transfer well to the pros. He actually has a worth ethic, a mindset and an elite attitude that will make him a great representative of this franchise. Canales knows exactly what he is doing and may be a rookie coach but has a developed mind. He is building a culture of something different than we have seen in a long time and Morgan is most definitely not Scott Fitt. Canales has some sort of it factor that Rhule and Reich could have only dreamed of. The players will play hard for this guy I can already tell. Legette is where he wanted to be and is close to home where he feels comfortable. Go ahead and consider him to be tied and committed so deeply to this franchise that he will passionately play for the team and do so in comfort of being close to those he loves which means a lot to him personally. He is a very unique individual and will make a positive impact on this team for many years mark my words as I would be willing to die on that hill. I have that much confidence in him after seeing what a motivated and hard working blue collar style player he truly is.

i definitely appreciate the insight. thanks for sharing it. gonna love having him as a panther.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Interesting look into the 30 visit

Canales also pointed to the fact that Legette excelled at South Carolina in an offense called by longtime NFL assistant Dowell Loggains (who coordinated for the Titans, Bears, Dolphins, and Jets). And when Legette came in for his 30 visit, he was able to break that offense down in detail.

"He's a guy that I know and he credited him for, you know, giving him exposure in a pro-style type of offense," Canales said. "And the way that they used him this past year was impressive. He was able to articulate all that. He was able to teach our coaches what he was doing what the offense was, and that all that part was really impressive as well."

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I had the honor of being around Legette a good bit his past two seasons at SC and can tell you he is a phenomenal human being. Took time before and after games to interact with children (mine included who became one of his little buddies and biggest fans) and never .issues a chance to smile and say something positive as is just his nature. One of the nicest people I have ever met hands down. 

Aside from top notch attitude there also exists one of the best work ethics I have ever witnessed off the field. He is a natural freak of nature but he works and trains as if he isn't and must catch up. Yes he was a late bloomer and came out of nowhere but something awoke in him a couple years ago where things began to click in his mind and everything began to come together for him. He has a work ethic that will transfer well to the pros. He actually has a worth ethic, a mindset and an elite attitude that will make him a great representative of this franchise. Canales knows exactly what he is doing and may be a rookie coach but has a developed mind. He is building a culture of something different than we have seen in a long time and Morgan is most definitely not Scott Fitt. Canales has some sort of it factor that Rhule and Reich could have only dreamed of. The players will play hard for this guy I can already tell. Legette is where he wanted to be and is close to home where he feels comfortable. Go ahead and consider him to be tied and committed so deeply to this franchise that he will passionately play for the team and do so in comfort of being close to those he loves which means a lot to him personally. He is a very unique individual and will make a positive impact on this team for many years mark my words as I would be willing to die on that hill. I have that much confidence in him after seeing what a motivated and hard working blue collar style player he truly is.

Youth pastor. Lol. But yep. There is something about Canales that I can’t my finger on, but it is probably that he is a bit like a televangelist and I am not entirely sure the facade is real. But I am a cynic basically, anyway. 

His football resume is good enough for me. We’ll see how the season goes. 

I do agree with the Morgan/Canales team. There is a lot of synergy, and I think they can Stay on the same page too. I mean, right now they are aligned, but will that last? I think so.

Obviously there would need to be some success involved for that to happen but these two are the best things have been since we were taken over by that carpetbagger. 

14 minutes ago, strato said:

Youth pastor. Lol. But yep. There is something about Canales that I can’t my finger on, but it is probably that he is a bit like a televangelist and I am not entirely sure the facade is real. But I am a cynic basically, anyway. 

His football resume is good enough for me. We’ll see how the season goes. 

I do agree with the Morgan/Canales team. There is a lot of synergy, and I think they can Stay on the same page too. I mean, right now they are aligned, but will that last? I think so.

Obviously there would need to be some success involved for that to happen but these two are the best things have been since we were taken over by that carpetbagger. 

Yes.  Canales is smart enough to know that his first task is changing the culture.  Negative people thrive in a negative culture--he has to deal with that first.  Moldy people do not thrive in sunlight.