• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Jonathan Brooks RB - 46th Pick, Round 2

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Historically it's taken 2 years back to 100%  it's just the it works

He will play this season. He may be limited the 1st few games but I would almost guarantee you he will see action this season. 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Historically it's taken 2 years back to 100%  it's just the it works

For an ACL? There are different types of tears too. He was apparently clean and he is already running on it. Should be ready by July 1st per Ian R. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

For an ACL? There are different types of tears too. He was apparently clean and he is already running on it. Should be ready by July 1st per Ian R. 

That's per Brooks himself in his intro presser too.  He sounds ready to go.  

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Sure  maybe.  But not at 100%.  That's the point 

I don't think that is much of a knock other than he may not see action right away.  The talent is undeniable so it's all good. We weren't the only team going to take him where he was selected you know. They jumped Dallas, who wanted him badly and the Giants who were going to screw Dallas and take him also. So the concern over the injury was not really a concern after all.  I'm good with it.

1 minute ago, Bear Hands said:

That's per Brooks himself in his intro presser too.  He sounds ready to go.  

So many Huddle doctors on here apparently. Every injury is different with different rehab and turn around time. Hell Rodgers blew his achilles and could have played in the post season if needed. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So many Huddle doctors on here apparently. Every injury is different with different rehab and turn around time. Hell Rodgers blew his achilles and could have played in the post season if needed. 

Yup.  I'll take the player himself's word for it haha  

18 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

How do you figure he will redshirt for a year? All indications are he will be ready for training camp.

I just don't want him on a low snap count all year. I hope you're right but I fear they're using Sanders as a premium insurance policy.

Just now, MechaZain said:

I just don't want him on a low snap count all year. I hope you're right but I fear they're using Sanders as a premium insurance policy.

Sanders is only here because his contract dictate it. He will get the majority of rotation snaps until they feel Brooks is ready to go full speed. Whenever that is Sanders will be benched unless he shows out this season. Brooks will eventually replace someone. My bet its Sanders and not Blackshear.