• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 Draft: Day 3 (Rounds 4-7)

Rice still out there….

got to think as soon as the draft is over something all the teams know the public doesn’t comes out.   I mean if there isn’t some legit red flag….thats a tough one to grasp 

Just now, CRA said:

Rice still out there….

got to think as soon as the draft is over something all the teams know the public doesn’t comes out.   I mean if there isn’t some legit red flag….thats a tough one to grasp 

I'm believing he must have an injury issue

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rice still out there….

sucks since he just went to his best friends funeral.  not sure why hes falling.

35 minutes ago, PappyMay said:

I agree with Center, but OT this year I think is fine. Nijman from the Packers has over 20 starts there and Brady has a few there too. Center though is certainly worrisome. 

I forgot about Nijman. I’d rather try to convert Christensen to center but we need him as a depth piece across the whole OL apparently. He seems like he could be a decent center but what do I know.

12 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Nerds. Your rankings are not in line with team rankings. They never will be. You have to forget that stuff in real life. Why teams rank players the way the do can only be explained by that team. I don't even bother looking at mocks and specfic player rankings. I will take a look at how the players that are nationally ranked to get some idea of the strengths at each position but beyond that I don't even try to predict where they will be drafted. I've watched too many drafts to think any of these predictions and rankings even matter.

Ok? Those guys all went soon after our picks. Plenty of guys drop and then people wonder why they dropped after they are successful. Plenty of busts. Let’s not act like Team rankings are some infallible lists. If we had been drafting well the past 6 years do you think we’d be complaining as much? We complain because our GMs/scouting has been crap for the past 6 years. It’s that simple. The huddle rankings and consensus have absolutely been better than our team’s results.

Morgans draft is solid, knocked it out fo the park early with bringing in top prospects at positions of need.  Rounds 5-7 are pretty much crap shoots.  Yeah we all had our favorites but at the end of the day ranking isnt as important as fit.  These players fit a particular role on the team.  Morgan and company have drastically improved this team this offseason.  Something we havnt had in a long time is slowly returning to this team, optimisim.  Thank you for that Dan Morgan.

No Curley. No Burton. No Washington. No Javon Baker. No Rice. All my dreams of the double dip at WR have disintegrated. *Sigh*

Well, 2025 is supposed to be deep also. Bryce has weapons, so I can't be too disappointed. 

Just now, WhoKnows said:

Ok? Those guys all went soon after our picks. Plenty of guys drop and then people wonder why they dropped after they are successful. Plenty of busts. Let’s not act like Team rankings are some infallible lists. If we had been drafting well the past 6 years do you think we’d be complaining as much? We complain because our GMs/scouting has been crap for the past 6 years. It’s that simple. The huddle rankings and consensus have absolutely been better than our team’s results.

Never said they were infallible. They're just not based on what you base yours on. Teams are looking for fit in their system. That throws any preceived bpa out the window. It doesn't mean they don't get it wrong sometimes. But they do take players they think can be successful for them. They set their bpa based on their rankings of the pool. They do not use Mel Kipers big board or anyone on here's board.  To lament over perceived value is just a wasted exercise in my view. But if that makes you feel some kinda way then have fun with it. This stuff doesn't bother in the least.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TD alt said:

No Curley. No Burton. No Washington. No Javon Baker. No Rice. All my dreams of the double dip at WR have disintegrated. *Sigh*

Well, 2025 is supposed to be deep also. Bryce has weapons, so I can't be too disappointed. 

There's always the udfa pool and the waiver wire. It ain't over till its over.

• Pie 1