• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Select Chau Smith-Wade DB - Round 5, Pick 157

On 4/28/2024 at 12:06 AM, Jackie Lee said:

Josh is 6' and 2" longer arms

And squirrely as they come.

The more I read up on Smith-Wade, the more I think this might be the best pick we made. Really hoping to see him out there making some QBs look really bad.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

And squirrely as they come.

The more I read up on Smith-Wade, the more I think this might be the best pick we made. Really hoping to see him out there making some QBs look really bad.

Yup, my favorite pick too.  Will he pan out?  Who knows?  But the player, round and position all matched up for me. That's a win.  The only one in the entire draft for us for me.

• Pie 1

Although he does have outside experience, this pick has Troy Hill succession planning in the slot written all over it.  D'Shawn Jamison is probably in the most trouble to keep a roster spot with this pick.

Still only 21 yo too. Rounds 2-5 all players 21 y/o or younger.

• Pie 1

On 4/27/2024 at 10:12 PM, Navy_football said:

For a 5'9" corner, that's too slow to compete.

if he's playing on the outside, that's an issue. straight line speed doesn't mean much when you play nickel, which he probably will. for that you just have to be quick and looks to be able to hang with anyone in the slot. 

48 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Although he does have outside experience, this pick has Troy Hill succession planning in the slot written all over it.  D'Shawn Jamison is probably in the most trouble to keep a roster spot with this pick.

Still only 21 yo too. Rounds 2-5 all players 21 y/o or younger.

easy to be shaped into who we want them to be as players. i think even though XL is older, he's still just as moldable as the guys drafted after him because he hasn't really had that much time put in at the position. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Yeah I don’t think I’d like this guy outside, he doesn’t fit that in the NFL.  I think he needs to stick to nickel and ST to help the defense, he’d probably contribute.

I think he’d be a liability outside. I like him okay though, looking forward to seeing him. 

Actually that is probably how I feel about all the picks, I like them okay and am looking forward to seeing them. I feel like they were taken for a good reason; though I may not see it yet.

One shouldn’t expect to go straight down the line hit every one, butI think we’ll hit on a couple of guys in this group. 4 would be great.