• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What do you grade this draft?

Huddle Draft Grade  

129 members have voted

1. 1. What is your draft grade?

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

He just seems like another developmental guy drafted too high. Luxury type pick when we had a real need.

I too wish we would’ve taken that plug and play polished and ready mega talent at pick 72

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The "5th year option" thing was so fuging dumb. It's the equivalent of calling your HR prior to a pitch being thrown. Just arrogant and dumb. It's going to look REALLY bad if he doesn't pan out because then you are going to be declining that option after making such a dumb move.

I had no issue with the TE in the 4th. Once you get to the 4th I give a little more leeway to gamble and he fills a role that we haven't had in a very long time. TBD if he gets utilized but I liked that pick more than any other. 

I think Brooks will be fine but you don't take a fuging RB in the fuging 2nd round. That's MORONIC. You can get a starting RB in the 3rd-5th rounds. 

RB in the second round was so dumb. Especially just a product of his environment type finesse guy. I can't believe we didn't take an edge rusher. Not a great class but there were clear upgrades from what we have on our roster

• Beer 1

I think 2nd round to get the number 1 running back was a great pick, especially considering we traded back and got another 2. That being said, DeJean was there and I would have taken him with that pick if it were me. I like X, I think he was the best available, better thant Colemon and Mitchell. I would have liked Franklin as a Diontae clone, but if they are banking on a bug year from Johnson and are planning to extend him, I get it. I like the TE, but the rest I admit I don't really follow the late rounds so it is what it is. Overall a B- from me.

I’m gonna go with C but I feel like it’s a C+ or B-

I liked going receiver first and I like how we picked up a 2nd rounder next year.  I like getting a running back and Te as well.  Additionally I like how we didn’t trade up and give up a ton of picks to move up earlier in the 1st.

I’m not going to complain about them taking Legette over another receiver or moving up 1 spot.  He’s not the type of prospect that I would have selected but he’s who they wanted.  So I’m not going to moan about that.  I think they did the right thing.

The draft loses a few points for me in taking the RB and LB so early, and waiting so late to get a corner.  I would have liked to see corner and center addressed before RB and LB but I don’t know what their board is like to be honest.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I think 2nd round to get the number 1 running back was a great pick, especially considering we traded back and got another 2. That being said, DeJean was there and I would have taken him with that pick if it were me. I like X, I think he was the best available, better thant Colemon and Mitchell. I would have liked Franklin as a Diontae clone, but if they are banking on a bug year from Johnson and are planning to extend him, I get it. I like the TE, but the rest I admit I don't really follow the late rounds so it is what it is. Overall a B- from me.

Dejean looks more like a safety to me, I don't think he'd fill a true outside corner role for us as far as need. 

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I wasn't in the war room and they didn't broadcast it so I could glean some insights there so I cannot say really.  But they already knew who they were taking before round 1 even started much less came to an end. How do you do that if you don't even know your guy will be there? I think there were phone calls made before the draft even started on day 1.

I'm still baffled the Bills traded back 1 spot to take basically the same style dude in Keon. Definitely a bro trade. Why was it important for us to move up for a 5th year option but the Bills didn't care about getting that for Keon? Confusing

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm still baffled the Bills traded back 1 spot to take basically the same style dude in Keon. Definitely a bro trade. Why was it important for us to move up for a 5th year option but the Bills didn't care about getting that for Keon? Confusing

I'm not sure why the Bills kept trading down. They traded down with the Chiefs of all teams so they could take the receiver they want. The Bills were looking for picks and were open for business in the 1st. 

7 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

the 5th isnt that big of a deal, the bills clearly valued a pick 59 slots higher then a 5th option, if its that big a no brainer you would see more teams trading back into the first

• Beer 2

said this before but its a C+/B- for me

the trade back with the rams was an A+

Player selection outside of XL, were all pretty "safe" choices. That's not necessarily a bad thing. This team needs players and contributors. If most of them end up having 'fine' NFL careers that will be an absolute win for us. But outside of XL and Wallace I don't see many home run swings, again that's ok. We also get dinged a little in my book for positional value. Felt like we could have gone double dip at WR, CB or Edge in the first four rounds to bump the grade up again. 

Again I'm not hating on the draft, I just think it was very middle of the road, which may be exactly what we needed. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

the 5th isnt that big of a deal, the bills clearly valued a pick 59 slots higher then a 5th option, if its that big a no brainer you would see more teams trading back into the first

I thought it was lame that our trades came in almost immediately. Also the Bills called us and Morgan was like oh yeah sure we'll move up! The other ones were super fast too, almost the second we were on the clock the trades happened. Seems suspect

9 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Bills probably liked but didn’t love several players. We loved XL. So we moved up at a minimal loss and got the guy we wanted at a contract we wanted. Bills probably saved some cap this year with 33 and got one of the guys they liked plus a little better ammo in the late rounds to use if needed. They are in win now though. Contracts 4-5 years for them don’t mean as much as they do to a team rebuilding like us. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I thought it was lame that our trades came in almost immediately. Also the Bills called us and Morgan was like oh yeah sure we'll move up! The other ones were super fast too, almost the second we were on the clock the trades happened. Seems suspect

Dan called the Bills first.