• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Grades are in; how did Panthers do in this years draft

• 32nd: Xavier Legette (WR)- B // Imo better options for Bryce (Ladd McConkey). I am scared by Mingo and TMJ. 
  • Trade Back with Rams (2025 2nd, 46th overall, and additonal 5th for 39th overall) A+++
  • 46th: Brooks (RB)- B- // Zach Frazier was picked 6 spots later, We needed a Center more than a RB. 
  • 72nd: Wallace (ILB)- C // Would have taken Cooper Beebe (G) //  Roman Wilson (WR) // Corum (RB) // Payton Wilson (LB) instead.
  • 101th: Sanders (TE)- A // Needed a pass catching TE, should be able to develop. 
  • 157th: Smith-Wade (CB)- B+ // Liked the nickle corner pick, had mulitple interceptions at the Sr. Bowl. 
  • 200th: Crumedy (DT)- B // Lots of experience at MS. Rotational player, PS. 
  • 240th: Barrett (OLB)- B+ // Special teamer, PS. Needed some depth here. 

Overall: I give it a B+ with the Rams trade. If Brooks makes it back healthy and Xavier has production. This could easily turn into one of the best drafts we ever had. Lot of boom or bust on this list. 

• Pie 2

I don’t know if everybody is expecting overnight results and success.

The reset/rebuild clock seems to reset every year with the message of “be patient. It starts to get better now” but it just doesn’t. Then it resets again. We’re in an infinite loop. 

Edited by MickMixon'sMetaphors
  • Beer 1

Honestly I really like this draft.

I think my favorite pick is Brooks. Assuming he is what he was in college, we have a thicker version of CMC. This team has made it clear we want to run the ball and we are now set up to do that. 

I know everyone is pumped about the Sanders pick up... Im hesitant about that because I felt that same way when we drafted Ian Thomas and again when we drafted Tremble. 

Everything from 4th round down I think is just a shot in the dark, but I REALLY like pick 1 and 2 and think they instantly make the team better. 

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Honestly I really like this draft.

I think my favorite pick is Brooks. Assuming he is what he was in college, we have a thicker version of CMC. This team has made it clear we want to run the ball and we are now set up to do that. 

I know everyone is pumped about the Sanders pick up... Im hesitant about that because I felt that same way when we drafted Ian Thomas and again when we drafted Tremble. 

Everything from 4th round down I think is just a shot in the dark, but I REALLY like pick 1 and 2 and think they instantly make the team better. 

The only difference is that Sanders is nothing like Thimps and Tremble. As a matter of fact he is twice the TE they are. That doesn't mean he will be anything at this level but the skill set is completely different. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

The only difference is that Sanders is nothing like Thimps and Tremble. As a matter of fact he is twice the TE they are. That doesn't mean he will be anything at this level but the skill set is completely different. 

Well Tremble was getting George Kittle comps when came out.. 

Im really excited to see what Sanders can do, but Im not holding my breath for a 4th round TE. 

18 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Im really excited to see what Sanders can do, but Im not holding my breath for a 4th round TE. 

Be careful with using comparisons on players. Tremble is and never was no Kittle. As with any individual I judge their talent by what they do and can do. It's tough to live up to comparisons.

20 minutes ago, CanadianCat said:

Tremble was a pure projection pick based on his athletic profile who did very little in college. Ja’Tavion Sanders is probably a better receiver than him right out of the gate even though Tremble has had 3 years of NFL development. Sanders had over 3x the college production of Tremble and averaged over 15ypc with zero drops this past season. I think the comparison starts and ends with them both being Panthers draft picks.

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Tremble was a pure projection pick based on his athletic profile who did very little in college. Ja’Tavion Sanders is probably a better receiver than him right out of the gate even though Tremble has had 3 years of NFL development. Sanders had over 3x the college production of Tremble and averaged over 15ypc with zero drops this past season. I think the comparison starts and ends with them both being Panthers draft picks.

yeah I get that... Im just saying Ive been hurt with wishful thinking lately with that position

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Thomas is never getting cut. He'll be getting a social security check from the Panthers. 

• Beer 1

We did not have a first rounder and we traded down to acquire a second rounder.  That future player is not factored into the equation, so this is bullshite. 

We gave Bryce weapons and added a LB and CB.  That is all we could do. 

How many draft picks will see the field regularly (beyond special teams)?  A: 3. XL, Sanders, and Brooks.  There is a chance all will start at some point in 2024.  Not many teams WITH first rounders can say that.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 1