• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where would the Panthers be if they sat Bryce Young last season?

Just now, CRA said:

Aren’t we just coping and defending whatever the Panthers do…

We have a coach that runs an O that doesn’t fit Bryce (our #1 overall pick).  We got a HC playcaller.  We got no experience at OC.  We got Jim Caldwell advising it all.  We got Tepper.  Now which season am I talking about?? 

seems like the definition of insanity.  

Yes its against the rules to have a discussion, once you pick a side you are all-in and have to defend wrong.........I hate thats the way it is in the good OLD USA.....

Tepper put this on us fans. I can not believe the Panthers would have been 100% better off if they just kept Rivera and fuging Marty herniay. 

• Beer 2

13 hours ago, CRA said:

Aren’t we just coping and defending whatever the Panthers do…

We have a coach that runs an O that doesn’t fit Bryce (our #1 overall pick).  We got a HC playcaller.  We got no experience at OC.  We got Jim Caldwell advising it all.  We got Tepper.  Now which season am I talking about?? 

seems like the definition of insanity.  

I’m not attempting to defend the Panthers decisions, and I don’t have a ton of optimism that this particular regime is going to work out.

That said, you can’t complain that Bryce is incredibly limited and pointless to build around, and then complain that the new coach is installing his system regardless of Bryce’s limitations.

Coaches install their scheme that they run and get their guys in order to run it.  It’s been that way since I started watching in the 90s.  This is not an endorsement of Canales or Tepper.  It’s just reality.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

That said, you can’t complain that Bryce is incredibly limited and pointless to build around, and then complain that the new coach is installing his system regardless of Bryce’s limitations.

sure you can.  Two things can be true.  And neither are very ideal things.  Ideally, you would want a QB that didn't' have a lot of limitations and doesn't need a unique O for himself.   And ideally you want a HC that is adaptive vs being overly committed to what he does. 

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Patriots, Giants, Falcons turning over every stone to set up a QB room, we won't even give Bryce legit competition. How do you go through training camp and know what you actually have if you don't?

Relax we got Jack Plummer! Plus some fans on here think Dalton is great so we should be set.

On a serious note I think they are giving Young this year to get evaluated. Gotta make sure he is or isn’t our future QB. Plus I don’t think claiming Rourke really moves the needle for us. 

16 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Patriots, Giants, Falcons turning over every stone to set up a QB room, we won't even give Bryce legit competition. How do you go through training camp and know what you actually have if you don't?

Are we supposed to be giving the Falcons props for paying a 36 year old (when the season starts) Kirk Cousins coming off an Achilles tear $100 million and also spending a very premium pick on a QB who's already 24, and will be 26-27 by the time he starts if everything goes to plan?

Let's be real, if the Panthers made these moves you'd be fuming. 

12 minutes ago, travisura said:

Are we supposed to be giving the Falcons props for paying a 36 year old (when the season starts) Kirk Cousins coming off an Achilles tear $100 million and also spending a very premium pick on a QB who's already 24, and will be 26-27 by the time he starts if everything goes to plan?

Let's be real, if the Panthers made these moves you'd be fuming. 

No. We are praising them because they are not stopping at the 36 year old QB and saying that’s it. We got it. 

Either Young really is good and everyone in the building believes it (and I know they say they do), or they are afraid if they get a decent younger backup in here everyone in the locker room will see Young is a naked Emperor and they will have a big problem. 

And neither of those things are real believable to me. So wtf I don’t understand why no real competition for him. His respect meter would register higher from me and I am sure others more important than me too, if he could show he was better than someone. Anyone.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, strato said:

No. We are praising them because they are not stopping at the 36 year old QB and saying that’s it. We got it. 

Either Young really is good and everyone in the building believes it (and I know they say they do), or they are afraid if they get a decent younger backup in here everyone in the locker room will see Young is a naked Emperor and they will have a big problem. 

And neither of those things are real believable to me. So wtf I don’t understand why no real competition for him. His respect meter would register higher from me and I am sure others more important than me too, if he could show he was better than someone. Anyone.

The games will jydge that. Respect meter is as relevant as posting workouts on Instagram 

Edited by csx
  • Pie 1

31 minutes ago, strato said:

I think its been pretty evident that Young will be allowed this year to prove himself with a functional staff and some actual weapons. If he can't hack it, then he'll be replaced. If you're not ok with that then tough titties I guess.

• Flames 1

30 minutes ago, travisura said:

I think its been pretty evident that Young will be allowed this year to prove himself with a functional staff and some actual weapons. If he can't hack it, then he'll be replaced. If you're not ok with that then tough titties I guess.

That's exactly right, they don’t ask my permission.  

But they should have before that 2023 draft lol. Dumbasses. 

• Beer 1

Not giving Bryce any competition is just really outstanding to me, for all the talk about how other players on a roster need to be pushed/jobs taken i dont see how a QB is exempt. I dont care where you are drafted. It also installs a comfortability factor in a player that's not needed. Never make a player feel like they dont need to earn anything, its not always good thing.

1 minute ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Not giving Bryce any competition is just really outstanding to me, for all the talk about how other players on a roster need to be pushed/jobs taken i dont see how a QB is exempt. I dont care where you are drafted. It also installs a comfortability factor in a player that's not needed. Never make a player feel like they dont need to earn anything, its not always good thing.

So is Dalton not competition for Young?  You stated not too long ago we would have competed for the division with him at QB vs Young based on that Seattle game?  

• Flames 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So is Dalton not competition for Young?  You stated not too long ago we would have competed for the division with him at QB vs Young based on that Seattle game?  

I think he is competition for Young, the problem is THE STAFF didnt make him competition for Young. We barely saw anything from Dalton from camp threw pre season. They made Dalton the starter after the draft very briefly then all of a sudden we hear Bryce had won the job and it was very weird. The whole process last year was just off along with Tepper telling bryce all the way back to the superbowl we were gonna draft him. Bryce doesnt even visit with any other teams nor does he participate in combine and then there was the whole fiasco with the weight. It was just a lot of coasting all last year around bryce.

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Beer 2