• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What Exactly Is Your Criteria for Bryce in 2024 to Have Faith In Him Moving Forward 2025+ ??

How will Bryce do next year?   

175 members have voted

1. 1. How Will Bryce Do in 2024??

• He will explode for 4000+ 30+ TDs and lead us to playoffs
    • He'll make a reasonable improvement ~ 24 TD 3000 yards and well be competing for division
    • He'll make a marginal improvement ~ 19 TD 12TD and we'll have a 4-8 ish wins
    • He'll stay around the same 1/1 TD ratio and we are competing for a top 10 pick again
    • He'll be worse, very negative TD INT ratio and well be drafting/acquiring his replacement in the next offseason

5 minutes ago, cmichd08 said:

what if he only wins 3 to 5 games. Has 3 to 5 games where we are in the game but lose at the end, improves his footwork, QBR, yards per pass, and learns to escape better than hanging on to the ball as he waits for an open receiver. Would that make you feel better or improving enough to give him another year at QB.

Yeah long as he’s showing improvement. Hope if he improves and the rest of the team is improved that would atleast bounce us to 5 wins. If we are picking 2nd or 3rd I’d be all for trading down once or twice and staying in the top 10. We need as many day 2 picks as possible for this rebuild. 

6 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

He needs to be close to trevor Lawrence year 2 or 3 numbers. If not, time to look for a new qb.

Pro Bowl - winning season - 66% , 4000+ yards, 30 total TDs? 

32 minutes ago, Call Me James said:

I was thinking above average.

spacer.png

Wow, Lawrence was literally a meh QB based on those numbers, and he had legit weapons and a great coach. I'm still on the fence about the value of QBR, but this "generational" QB had 16 QBs better than him based on that metric.

We're fooling ourselves if a meh QB rating like that from Bryce will be good enough for this fanbase. Blood is already in the water and well is poisoned. I stand by my requirement that he has at minimum 8 games like or better than the Green Bay game for me to be satisfied...but I honestly think he needs 12 games like that or better to satisfy the bulk of the fanbase. IOW, he has to be better than Lawrence was last year.

Plus, if Stroud makes the playoffs again and Bryce doesn't, even if he somehow posted 4500/35/10 there will still be momentum to move on from him.

5 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Wow, Lawrence was literally a meh QB based on those numbers, and he had legit weapons and a great coach. I'm still on the fence about the value of QBR, but this "generational" QB had 16 QBs better than him based on that metric.

Because he is a meh QB.  He saved his career from being awful by becoming an average starter.  He’s definitely a big disappointment from what he was billed as out of college.

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Because he is a meh QB.  He saved his career from being awful by becoming an average starter.  He’s definitely a big disappointment from what he was billed as out of college.

Yeah the few times that Jags games were on TV, I saw nothing about him that matched the hype. In fact, if both their careers ended today, I would argue that Watson was a significantly better NFL QB from Clemson than Lawrence, despite his stupidity. Of the current ACC QBs, he's definitely in the Daniel Jones bracket IMO.

Which goes back to my point. Bryce has to be better than him next year to have a chance to win over the local fanbase, but I suspect that won't happen.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Yeah the few times that Jags games were on TV, I saw nothing about him that matched the hype. In fact, if both their careers ended today, I would argue that Watson was a significantly better NFL QB from Clemson than Lawrence, despite his stupidity. Of the current ACC QBs, he's definitely in the Daniel Jones bracket IMO.

Which goes back to my point. Bryce has to be better than him next year to have a chance to win over the local fanbase, but I suspect that won't happen.

If Zach Wilson or Trey Lance panned out, he would get a lot more heat.  That class has been awful.

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, BrisbanePanther said:

We're fooling ourselves if a meh QB rating like that from Bryce will be good enough for this fanbase. Blood is already in the water and well is poisoned.

Pretty heavy language to describe simply asking the starting QB to play like a #1 overall pick. You'd think we drafted him in the 7th round.

Looking at your posts about him I'm guessing you're a Bama fan.

• Pie 1

In order for me to have faith in Bryce moving forward he will have to prove on more weeks than not that he is capable of elevating the talent around him and be the reason we win games.

He showed that in the GB game last year, flashed it at other times. 

Not impossible but he has a very narrow road to success 

2 hours ago, Call Me James said:

I was thinking above average.

spacer.png

Trevor was playing through a ton of different injuries in year 3 though.  Which impacted a lot.  Probably shouldn’t have been on the field often but they were trying to sneak into the playoffs. 

But even averaging things out…

its 65%, 4000+ yards, 27 total TDs and 8.5 win season.  Which doesn’t t seem realistic for Young 

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I mean, Watson was the better at Clemson QB.   And Watson was a dang good NFL QB before things went sideways.  He was perennial pro bowl QB in Hou.  Not being Watson out the gate doesn’t make him Daniel Jones tier.  That’s a bit harsh lol 

But Trevor was overhyped coming in.  He is physically a lab built QB.  Not between the ears lol.  He still plays like college Trevor