• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING: Panthers signing Rashad Penny

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

He said he will be ready by 7/1 for training camp?

That doesn't mean he will play. That's when he can first start doing any sort of training. That's an aggressive timeline just for that given he tore his just 5 months ago.

There's zero point in rushing him in to games.

Edited by csx

Posted (edited)

Much has been said about ACL injuries out of college basically being NBD. You still have to be extra cautious given your investment we didn’t take a late round flier on Brooks we drafted him high. This is the drawback.

We can easily pickup another back or two after cuts.

But this talk of carrying 5 RB's like we're playing 90's football is not helping my confidence in the passing offense for 2024.

Edited by frankw

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Which means absolutely nothing.  Should have drafted a center and then a rb next year

Neither of which isn't likely to start this year so not  huge difference in that respect 

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Which means absolutely nothing.  Should have drafted a center and then a rb next year

When he is cleared to play means something lol. You are so whiney…

Brooks said the ACL tear he suffered in November didn't come with any damage to other ligaments -- a factor that likely contributed to the Panthers' confidence making him the first back selected in the 2024 NFL Draft (46th overall). He's begun running and plans to resume cutting soon, with the intention of participating at the start of training camp in late July, shortly after his 21st birthday

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-jonathon-brooks-on-track-for-camp/amp/

He should get some touches early on and eased into the starting role. 

Edited by ForJimmy
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Blackshear is a JAG.  There's a reason he's buried on the depth chart and keeps only getting one-year deals for peanuts.  Depth has been an issue at RB, not so much anymore.

I think he was 6th in yards and 2nd in average and he's got decent hands. Good 3rd down and top of mark returner.  

He should have a similar impact on new returns as well. 

I think he's a little more than a JAG. He's had a home on the Panthers for 3yrs and fought off players during. 

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

When he is cleared to play means something lol. You are so whiney…

Brooks said the ACL tear he suffered in November didn't come with any damage to other ligaments -- a factor that likely contributed to the Panthers' confidence making him the first back selected in the 2024 NFL Draft (46th overall). He's begun running and plans to resume cutting soon, with the intention of participating at the start of training camp in late July, shortly after his 21st birthday

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-jonathon-brooks-on-track-for-camp/amp/

He should get some touches early on and eased into the starting role. 

cleared to play and being 100% are 2 completely different things.  Go look up how long it takes a nfl running back to get back to form.  We have posted it for you and you refuse to acknowledge.  So how about this.  If he is such a stud and he will be ready for action week 1, whats your prediction for the season for him?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, csx said:

Neither of which isn't likely to start this year so not  huge difference in that respect 

a healthy rookie center getting reps and starts is 1000% different then a rookie rb coming off an injury having to monitor his touches especially in a crap year and especially when the starter has 2 shot knees

Edited by mrcompletely11

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

cleared to play and being 100% are 2 completely different things.  Go look up how long it takes a nfl running back to get back to form.  We have posted it for you and you refuse to acknowledge.  So how about this.  If he is such a stud and he will be ready for action week 1, whats your prediction for the season for him?

There is a big range depending on the injury. This one was just a clean ACL and he is recovering ahead of schedule. Everyone is different you posted a study showing averages. Check out Adrian Peterson tearing his ACL and MCL and playing great 8 months player. 

I agree he will be eased in but I think he is our feature RB by midseason. Obviously how he plays depends on how well our passing game looks. Having 8 in the box like last year will make life tough on any RB. 

Last December, Adrian Peterson suffered a serious injury, tearing both the ACL and MCL in his left knee. However, after ACL reconstruction surgery and months of physical therapy and rehab, the Vikings star made a stunning recovery in order to start the season with his team. As of November 15, Peterson led the league in rushing and had scored at least once in each of the last four games. While an ACL injury often destroys sports careers, commentators are saying that Peterson may be performing better than ever

https://www.millsteinorthopedics.com/blog/adrian-petersons-staggering-acl-recovery#:~:text=Football great Adrian Peterson recently,MCL in his left knee.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CanadianCat said:

Honestly I dont want to cut him. He has been a good player int he league and when at his best is a CMClite. 

I would rather wait and see what he does behind a good oline then straight out cut him. 

yeah, we don’t get any or probably very little benefit from cutting Sanders we need to ride it out this year. And I agree on expecting better with a better line in front of him.

He looked so ’not good' I wondered if he was playing through something. I have a feeling he could mildly surprise people.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, strato said:

yeah, we don’t get any or probably very little benefit from cutting Sanders we need to ride it out this year. And I agree on expecting better with a better line in front of him.

He looked so ’not good' I wondered if he was playing through something. I have a feeling he could mildly surprise people.

there was no benefit to cutting boz, bell, and Hurst......but Dan did it. 

Honestly I was shocked, he must have hated having them as Panthers. He should have kept them on as backups for at least this year. If they didn't agree, well take a massive pay cut in order to be cut or enjoy the bench. 

Turtle and sanders somehow missed this. 

• Beer 1