• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rookie camp starts Friday

2 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

How would Brooks be 100% after a November ACL tear? I’d be fine if he didn’t play until November. 

the studies out that looked at return to the playing field say the average player gets back on the football field in 11 months.   He has youth on his side so he could represent the quick side but the average would mean October is when he would be back to actually playing football. 

• Pie 3

I will say this about XL. He looks the part more than Mingo or TMJ ever did. More fluid than Funchess. Little less fluid than rookie Kelvin Benjamin, but probably more top end speed

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CPcavedweller said:

Jack Plummer was surprisingly underrated in this draft. He didn’t exactly have the best team before he got to Louisville and given one more year at Louisville I feel he would’ve been drafted. 

100% would not have been drafted lmao. 

Dude was terrible. He only got picked up in the portal because Brohm was hired late in the cycle and he knew the offense. 

He would not, and should not have been drafted. Louisville often times won in spite of him. 

He has prototypical size. Thats it. Bryce Young has a stronger arm than Jack Plummer.

3 hours ago, Captain Morgan said:

I am so happy we got XL....he's got a chance to make Smitty worry about his goat status.  And the kid seems like such a good guy

I can confirm, he is a very good dude. What you see is what you get with him.

6 hours ago, CRA said:

the studies out that looked at return to the playing field say the average player gets back on the football field in 11 months.   He has youth on his side so he could represent the quick side but the average would mean October is when he would be back to actually playing football. 

This is exactly what I thought--however, during the draft, someone said his return was slated for July 1.  That is too soon. imo, unless the complete tear is a faster process than a partial.  Maybe I did not understand what was being said.  I personally think they should IR him for four games and then take about 2 weeks to activate him--roughly midseason?

Right now, (and I think Sanders will be OK with the new OL--if he stays) we have a loaded RB room.  Penny, Blackshear, Sanders, and Hubbard without Brooks.  We can bring him along slowly. 

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

This is exactly what I thought--however, during the draft, someone said his return was slated for July 1.  That is too soon. imo, unless the complete tear is a faster process than a partial.  Maybe I did not understand what was being said.  I personally think they should IR him for four games and then take about 2 weeks to activate him--roughly midseason?

Right now, (and I think Sanders will be OK with the new OL--if he stays) we have a loaded RB room.  Penny, Blackshear, Sanders, and Hubbard without Brooks.  We can bring him along slowly. 

They are projecting him to be cleared by training camp. He appears to be ahead of schedule. They still should ease him in early on. 
“Honestly, as far as rehab goes, it’s good,” Brooks said. “I’m out there, I’m running, I’m about to start cutting. So I’m progressing well. I’m right on track on where I need to be. For me to get back to camp, it’s also just a blessing. I feel like this injury’s a blessing from God just being that it gives me a chance to focus on a lot of other things.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

They are projecting him to be cleared by training camp. He appears to be ahead of schedule. They still should ease him in early on. 
“Honestly, as far as rehab goes, it’s good,” Brooks said. “I’m out there, I’m running, I’m about to start cutting. So I’m progressing well. I’m right on track on where I need to be. For me to get back to camp, it’s also just a blessing. I feel like this injury’s a blessing from God just being that it gives me a chance to focus on a lot of other things.

Thanks for this. Good to hear this stuff from the player himself instead of guesswork prognosis.  We’ll get him out there when they think he’s ready, and sounds like it could be sooner than some think.

• Pie 2