• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A Brit breaks down Bryce Young vs Jacksonville

Didn't watch yet but haven't had many thorough game break downs that weren't the QB school Thielen basher weirdo. I imagine this guy doesn't totally know what to look for in footwork etc but may be interesting to see some different angles

• Pie 3

I rewatched that game recently. Someone said something that made me go find it, don’t remember what.

I think there was one deep throw from inside our ten that Bryce actually looked good on. I thought wow if he could do that every time it looks more like a real QB. 

Maybe keep an eye out for it. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

Building Bryces confidence is gonna be key. He needs to have soke strong starts early in the season if he is gonna move forward.

Yeah seeing the hesitation on some of these plays is rough. It's mental but it's also a side product of the footwork which affects his velocity. It's all kind of a mess

Solid breakdown. Don't agree with everything but I agree with a lot.

On some of the plays he blamed on Bryce, I think it was a play design/play progression issue and not necessarily Bryce missing seeing open guys, but then again, should he have been able to recognize the players who would be open based on coverage pre-snap as his super processor was supposed to be his best trait? Bryce's confidence was shot by this game and you could see him rush through his reads on multiple plays. Hopefully that gets better this year and we didn't completely ruin him and make him gunshy a la David Carr. I know Canales is big on the fundamentals so I am hoping to see better footwork and timing related to it on the play designs this coming season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Solid breakdown. Don't agree with everything but I agree with a lot.

On some of the plays he blamed on Bryce, I think it was a play design/play progression issue and not necessarily Bryce missing seeing open guys, but then again, should he have been able to recognize the players who would be open based on coverage pre-snap as his super processor was supposed to be his best trait? Bryce's confidence was shot by this game and you could see him rush through his reads on multiple plays. Hopefully that gets better this year and we didn't completely ruin him and make him gunshy a la David Carr. I know Canales is big on the fundamentals so I am hoping to see better footwork and timing related to it on the play designs this coming season.

If anything it's pretty obvious what they need to work on, last offseason they just went straight in with blind faith and that backfired immediately. I can't imagine how many qb's that didn't make it in the league could have stuck around for a few more years with this long of a leash and investment in the pieces around them just to see if they can game manage at an acceptable level

• Pie 3

All this talk about Bryce and confidence makes me miss Cam even more. Doesn't help that I just had another one of his videos pop up in my socials. 

He had enough confidence to donate leftovers to the armies of small countries. 

Those were the days.

• Pie 2

35 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

That was excellent. Bryce was terrible in this game, looked like Zach Wilson 

This video left me extremely discouraged and was eye-opening. We're doomed this year. I think we need to be ready for a 3-14 season.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

This video left me extremely discouraged and was eye-opening. We're doomed this year. I think we need to be ready for a 3-14 season.

Agreed. That video was rough. I haven’t been encouraged by much of anything Bryce did his rookie year outside of some nice scrambles to evade pressure and the Packers game (which was against the worst pass defense in the NFL at the time).

We’d have to see Bryce morph into a completely different QB to win more than 2-3 games. I don’t think he will be the starting QB for the Panthers by the 2025 season.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1