• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Sr. inducted into North Carolina Sports Hall of Fame

Good! It's time for him to get even more acknowledgements for what he did on the field and what he has done off the field.

A couple of incidents in practices have been hung around his neck like an albatross. Deserved or not, he has more than redeemed himself for all of the good he has done. 

Sorry, I love Smitty.

• Pie 4

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Good! It's time for him to get even more acknowledgements for what he did on the field and what he has done off the field.

A couple of incidents in practices have been hung around his neck like an albatross. Deserved or not, he has more than redeemed himself for all of the good he has done. 

Sorry, I love Smitty.

I was worried they would always overshadow his accomplishments but they're just footnotes now. He put in the work to become a better man for his own sake and his family's. One of the best redemption arcs I've seen. 

• Beer 3

4 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He’s a hall of fame receiver in my mind.  I don’t care what anyone says.  He was incredibly dominant in his prime.

Zero doubt.

One of the main reasons I still hold JR in reverence, is that I never had a team to call my own, we were sort of no man’s land. You can never take that away from him, whatever else you want to cancel culture him with. 

So then, we have the Panthers. And there is Steve after a little while. A true on the field no bullshit ass whipper. Against the best. Representing us. I knew what I was looking at with him.

If more people had seen the Panthers he would have been a superstar. And we got to watch him every week. Definitely an all timer.

• Beer 1

This is just the beginning.  Pro Football Hall of Fame is next.

He was a defensive coordinator worst nightmare.  My favorite thing about 89 is he didn't back down to anyone.  MJ is the GOAT but I cannot think of anyone that took smack talking to a level of MJ other than Agent 89.

I will never forget Fred Smoot talking how he was going to shut Smitty down. After that game Smoot was never the same. Plus I was estatic to have seen that game live.