• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will the wins come from? (my early predictions)

NAS

6 hours ago, rayzor said:

Sober. Still feeling it.

I really like how the schedule is laid out for us. Perfect for a new HC and rebuilding team. Aside from the Bengals, there aren't  any good teams before the bye.

Chargers will be, but they're having to figure poo out just like we are and they'll be coming here for an early game. That one is a toss up. I like our defense against them.

I think we'll give the Bengals a fight, but I wouldn't put money on us winning that one.

But the saints can be swept. They're beat up and just don't have much going on. They'll be at the bottom of the division.

I feel like we will split with the falcons and the bucs.

There's nothing scary about the raiders or that washington team.

Chicago is another toss up, but they aren't scary either....not yet anyways. We're getting them early in the season so I like our chances. I especially like our defense against a rookie QB.

And the broncos....boring.

Giants....again, boring.

Looking at this, we've got a good defensive thing going on. I think the unit will be better this year a d we're in season 2 of Evero. I like us especially against rookie QBs, and we'll have at least 3 we're facing before the bye.

We come in and play smash mouth football and just keep hitting (pounding) away and I think we're competitive.

It's that schedule after the bye that scares me. Hopefully by that point they've built up a lot of confidence.

You get a scrappy dawg that's got some confidence and a lot of fight in him and you've always got a shot. I think that's what we'll be this year.

This year isn't about winning all the games. It's about building confidence and learning what we've got to do.

But looking at that later schedule and it's not horrible. We've got the eagles and chiefs....that's scary, but then we've got the cardinals and cowboys at home...and it's the cowboys in December. When have they been scary in December?

And we've got division games in there as well.

I think we'll do ok. The more I look at it, the better I feel about it.

You forgot to mention that we are not a good team. But I'm all for it. It beats the hell our of the alternative. 

29 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

You forgot to mention that we are not a good team. But I'm all for it. It beats the hell our of the alternative. 

Not a good team yet. Bad team getting better.

11 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I want to know who designed the playbook. How good are these coaches, really? How smart is the guy any?

I feel like everything he does is over the top prepared. I think conceptually it's probably been something he's been working on for a long time....much like Morgan has probably been preparing for the GM job.

I really don't doubt that it will be solid. I don't expect super creative concepts or for him to be this innovative savant, but I do expect him to find ways to make things work.

Exactly how good he is, we'll just have to wait and see.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It’s really tough to predict these things before you see the team in preseason. There’s always teams who end up being randomly good and bad. But based on all the upheaval on defense and the suspect notion of Bryce morphing into an NFL caliber QB, it’s quite possible this team does not win a game. However if they go full ball control offense, run 60%+ of the time, and the defense gels, I could see 5-6 wins being possible as a ceiling. 

If Bryce turns into a totally different QB than he has been his entire life, 12 wins. 

• Beer 1

On 5/19/2024 at 8:58 AM, hepcat said:

It’s really tough to predict these things before you see the team in preseason. There’s always teams who end up being randomly good and bad. But based on all the upheaval on defense and the suspect notion of Bryce morphing into an NFL caliber QB, it’s quite possible this team does not win a game. However if they go full ball control offense, run 60%+ of the time, and the defense gels, I could see 5-6 wins being possible as a ceiling. 

If Bryce turns into a totally different QB than he has been his entire life, 12 wins. 

I think going 0-17 is basically as hard as going 17-0.  It's the NFL.  If someone always has a bad day and a roster full of NFL players makes them pay for it.   Really really bad teams can stumble into 1-4 wins. 

4  is sort of my things go pretty good benchmark.  I don't like the how the schedule is.  I'd feel better if it was reversed and we had the backend first. 

This is hard knowing what we saw last year but with a new staff, OL, and weapons...but the same QB.

1 Saints game, Giants, Denver, 1 Bucs, & 1 unexpected

We're back to 5-12.  Maybe 4-13. I'd be concerned with 3-14 or worse.  

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, CRA said:

I think going 0-17 is basically as hard as going 17-0.  It's the NFL.  If someone always has a bad day and a roster full of NFL players makes them pay for it.   Really really bad teams can stumble into 1-4 wins. 

4  is sort of my things go pretty good benchmark.  I don't like the how the schedule is.  I'd feel better if it was reversed and we had the backend first. 

why the backend first? looks like that's the toughest part of the schedule. 

i like the way it's laid out. gives us a chance to get a routine going and it's a nice build up. i'd rather work our way up and get a little momentum going heading into the more difficult games (not that they won't all be difficult).

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

why the backend first? looks like that's the toughest part of the schedule. 

i like the way it's laid out. gives us a chance to get a routine going and it's a nice build up. i'd rather work our way up and get a little momentum going heading into the more difficult games (not that they won't all be difficult).

Yep. 

Canales is a first year HC.  His OC is a first year OC.  Bryce is learning his 2nd O in 2 years.  The entire team will be learning a new O going into the season.  All that should likely lead to a slow start. 

So I would much rather the easier part of the schedule be later.....and the team get those opponents once the team is up and running better.    

I still like the middle of the schedule the best.  But yeah, I'd rather just see KC, Dal, Philly, etc early and take those losses then.  Get SD, Oak, Chi etc. late when we hopefully start coming into form. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yep. 

Canales is a first year HC.  His OC is a first year OC.  Bryce is learning his 2nd O in 2 years.  The entire team will be learning a new O going into the season.  All that should likely lead to a slow start. 

So I would much rather the easier part of the schedule be later.....and the team get those opponents once the team is up and running better.    

I still like the middle of the schedule the best.  But yeah, I'd rather just see KC, Dal, Philly, etc early and take those losses then.  Get SD, Oak, Chi etc. late when we hopefully start coming into form. 

looking at that backend, though, after the eagles it's not a ridiculously hard schedule. i like getting the cowboys at home in december is about as ideal as it can get and then there's the cards at home the next week. would be better if we had the bucs and falcons at home those last games, but they aren't the scariest thing in the world.

i can see what you mean, though...finish the season one  high note, but if we can pull off that final falcons win that would be a huge boost. 

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

looking at that backend, though, after the eagles it's not a ridiculously hard schedule. i like getting the cowboys at home in december is about as ideal as it can get and then there's the cards at home the next week. would be better if we had the bucs and falcons at home those last games, but they aren't the scariest thing in the world.

i can see what you mean, though...finish the season one  high note, but if we can pull off that final falcons win that would be a huge boost. 

I'm largely looking at non-divisional.  Division is just weird and that just will be whatever it will be.  

I break it up into 3rds. 

Raiders, Chargers, Bengals, Bears

Commanders, Broncos, Giants, Bye

Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals

I'd rather hit that Raiders clump playing our best ball vs the KC clump.  

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

I'm largely looking at non-divisional.  Division is just weird and that just will be whatever it will be.  

I break it up into 3rds. 

Raiders, Chargers, Bengals, Bears

Commanders, Broncos, Giants, Bye

Chiefs, Cowboys, Eagles, Cardinals

I'd rather hit that Raiders clump playing our best ball vs the KC clump.  

yeah makes sense. would be a good way to finish off the season.

i'm still looking at that schedule as not a horrible one for a first year coach.