• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where will the wins come from? (my early predictions)

NAS

The safe bet would be that at least one win will come from within our division. Those games are the most unpredictable, regardless of how the two teams are doing within the season. Everything else is a crapshot. However, we are still well short on talent and that's going to limit opportunities. Honestly, I feel we're going to have games where our offense is competent enough to win games they would've won last season but we won't because our defense will take a step back.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, carpanfan96 said:

I’ve got the team winning 2 games again, maybe 3. The roster was bad last year and minus a few upgrades on oline it’s actually worse right now. 

receiving room is worse? TE is worse? RB is worse? Interior DL is worse? Clowney is a downgrade from Burns?

Thinking Reaction GIF

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, rayzor said:

receiving room is worse? TE is worse? RB is worse? Interior DL is worse? Clowney is a downgrade from Burns?

Thinking Reaction GIF

Honestly LB, and maybe S are the only positions I can think of where we've downgraded from last season.

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Thinking Reaction GIF

Not looking big picture and just looking going into 2024

WR is an upgrade on paper. But they both are on the outside which is going to be the toughest part of the pass game for Bryce to get it done. 

I mean, I’m not sure a rookie TE in the 4th round replacing Hurst makes a TE room better on paper going into a season. 

I don’t think Brooks suits up to start off the year but when he does I think he gives it a slight upgrade in 2024.

I mean, D is a push IMO. Probably comes down to what are opponents actually turn out to be.  But reality is we lost Luvu and Burns.  

1 minute ago, travisura said:

Honestly LB, and maybe S are the only positions I can think of where we've downgraded from last season.

Fuller should be better than Bell. We cut Bell to sign Fuller who had played great with Evero in the past. 
Luvu walked but we signed Jewell who has had over 100 tackles in 3 of his past 4 years with his best one under Evero at Denver with a career high of 128 tackles and 7 for a loss. Jewell is probably the better fit in Evero’s scheme plus we have a healthy Shaq to play with him. 
I’d argue both position groups are upgraded on paper.. 

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Thinking Reaction GIF

Starting the season the wr room is better, te is probably worse without hurst, rb is even and dline/pass rush is worse. 

That could change as players get healthy and reps but not right now

14 minutes ago, travisura said:

Im pretty meh on the safeties, they did fine last year, wish we had more turnovers but whatever.  The linebacking group is lol funny.  Shaq was on the decline and that was before a broken leg.  DJ and jewell are just average nfl linebackers.  Pretty straight forward.  And past that is a no mans land.  No depth whatsoever. 

If this is a top 15 defense EE is going to name his price for another team

Just now, travisura said:

So now we're upset about losing ygm and Burns? lol.

collectively sure

Burns was a good pass rusher, liability against the run.  Ive never wavered off of that.   He should have been traded to the rams and nobody is denying that now

8 minutes ago, travisura said:

So now we're upset about losing ygm and Burns? lol.

I think you can not of wanted to pay Burns…and still acknowledge he was elite at one specific thing.  Which we don’t have right now on the roster.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I think you can not of wanted to pay Burns…and still acknowledge he was elite at one specific thing.  Which we don’t have right now on the roster.  

Idk, I saw him get taken out by TEs and overrun the QB without touching him enough to question if he's deserving of being called an elite pass rusher.

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, travisura said:

Idk, I saw him get taken out by TEs and overrun the QB without touching him enough to question if he's deserving of being called an elite pass rusher.

Your point is correct, but as we stand here today he would still be the best end on our roster.   So to me losing what we did, and not really having a good d last year,  would indicate for now that the defense probably will struggle.  And if we get hit by the injury bug again it may be the benny hill show on the field

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Beer 1