• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is our secondary really that good that they don't need a pass rush..

Pox 08

I think the Stats have inflated the numbers. The Giants had a field day with us against the run and the pass. The Bengels would have also if it wasn't for the rain and dropped passes. Last week we played against David Carr....

Nah, defense just stayed on the field too long. The Giants had a field day only b/c after the defense pwned them we would literally give them the ball right back....over and over. Should have had probably 5-6 picks against Cincy.....the first 5 games of the season Carolina either punted or turned it over following every turnover the Panther D generated or 3 and out they had.

if anything, the poor Panther offense has made the D look worse than it really is.

Not saying they aren't though I'm not exactly the president of Marshall's fan club (or Godfrey's, for that matter).

But seriously, every secondary needs at least some pass rush to be effective. Put Darrelle Revis and Antonio Cromartie out there with no pass pressure and see if their production doesn't decline. I can pretty much guarantee you that while they may still be good, they'll suffer.

I completely agree with you. My point is that, even without a good pass rush the past two seasons our pass defense has been very solid. You have to give the guys some credit for that.

I completely agree with you. My point is that, even without a good pass rush the past two seasons our pass defense has been very solid. You have to give the guys some credit for that.

Exactly how can we not give them credit they have put together back to back stellar rankings, and this year with no pass rush. Its amazing all the silly reasons why numbers are inflated make me laugh hard as ever we were getting owned by NYG yeah right we would have beat them into the ground had our offense showed up two early picks we could have put them down 14 and made them alter their gameplan.

Wait until we get up on an opponent and they have to pass to come back we will all see then that our pass defense is TENACIOUS wether we admit it or not. Does ANYONE on here think a team trailing by 14 can move the ball passing the ball 80 yards twice on our pass d and comeback seriously???

Archived