• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Can we really beat seattle?

Mr ocho nueve

On an emotional level, I want a win. Logically I know we're far better off losing out and drafting #1. The game against Seattle will have one of 2 outcomes:

1.) We're blown out and the game is over by the 3rd quarter.

2.) We manage to keep the game close, and in the 4th quarter Jimmy has a chance to lead us down the field for a win.

Let's say scenario #2 happens. Jimmy has another opportunity to prove he can lead this team. He'll have to throw deep passes and make several big plays down the stretch. How confident are you that Jimmy will make the big plays we need to win? When Jimmy completes a long pass, it almost feels like a miracle. For him to string together several deep passes, and a touchdown pass (assuming we need 7) just seems unlikely to me. Goodson will have to have a MONSTER game, with lots of YAC to try and eke out a win.

Well, given the Panther luck, they will find a win perhaps here and Arizona and miss out on Luck.

Seattle has sucked last couple of weeks with injuries, so Panthers have a shot given the way Goodson is playing (Torry Holt called him a beast) despite the cross country travel.

Archived