• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gamble Walked Out of Practice Last Week

SOJA

Another sign that a mutual split from Fox is best. Even if the guys are playing/fighting hard, it's not because of Fox, it's personal pride. All the years we've questioned whether players have given up on Fox, or if he lost the locker room - this proves he has.

It will be interesting to see next year. We hear how Fox gets them up to play and they play for him, but will the new coach be able to do that? As much as a new coach could go a long way for the overall team, there has to be some that will say, f the new guy.

well, we don't know Gamble and what he has going on. It is hinted he has off field stuff going on....with something in life there is no "help". You just have to get through them. No way to guess what he has going on right now.

Theres always help. Such as taking some time off, talking to someone, anything. You can't go around and do nothing, it won't just disappear.

Theres always help. Such as taking some time off, talking to someone, anything. You can't go around and do nothing, it won't just disappear.

I am just saying that there are illnesses and things that can go on w/ someone's family that there simply isn't always a means to really get "help". Sometimes things just have to play out and you deal w/ it as best as you can.

I don't know Gamble. Enough people have hinted he has other issues going on. I think as fans, based on his history, we just accept he had a bad day. There has never been anything really to suggest Fox isn't a player's coach and that his guys aren't behind him. I have wanted Fox out since 07. I just don't think this singular event should be spun as a team quitting on Fox. More would need to happen.

Really weird. Gamble was always known for being the quiet non emotional type, so to have him react in this way is a touch out of character.

Having said that our players still seem pretty determined to play for each other. We aren't losing due to lack of heart or effort...

still waters run deep.

If he got thrown under the bus because of Godfrey's play then I'm siding with Gamble on this one. Even though he's had a bad couple of weeks Gamble has always been a good CB to count on for this team. I would imagine he's getting really frustrated with the scheme as well. If you recall Gamble stated that he wanted to play more man to man because he believes he can take on the upper tier WR's in the league. He wanted to play man to man against Fitzgerald in the 09 playoffs but we ran the same vanilla bullshit.

Archived