• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fewell a serious candidate?

The Saltman

This was the hire that I did not want. It leaves me questioning the entire FO. I would have thought, with a 2-14 season, and half empty stadiums, during some losses home games for the opposing team, we would be looking for a hire to get people back into the stadium. Now we get another cast off from the Giants, and an it is what is is guy. Is there no one else? Come on man. Prob pass on Luck and draft a OT/DT first. Sweet.

He always was a serious candidate.

I personally don't think he's ready for it, but as I recall we hired Fox after a year when his defense wasn't as hot as it had been. This would be history repeating itself in some rather unfortunate ways.

Would much rather hire Rivera coming off a year when his defense was tops.

Some coaches make better Head Coaches then coordinators, some are better at coordinating..I honestly don't know where Fewell fits in that forumla..he didn't do enough in Buffalo to stay past the interim.

How his defense is performing isn't less as relevant since we will prolly have a d-coordinator; and let's be honest we always blame our defense success/failure on the coordinators.

Me too. I guess staying in a 4-3 was an issue.

Rivera's overall best defenses were in Chicago running the 4-3. He had a great year this year running a 3-4 but he has tons of experience doing it all defensively.

Archived