• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is it a guarantee that Vick is an Eagle??

unicar15

wow. it's funny how much things can change in one season... if this thread had been posted 12 months ago, the OP would have been neg-repped to the smack forum.

the only hate i have ever had for vick is because he used to spank our asses back in the day.

i think that vick would be a good fit here, especially if our OLine can get they're poo back together. imagine all the weapons we would have if we had Vick, Deangelo, stewart, smith, and drafted AJ Green as well, behind the offensive line that took us to the playoffs in 08. we would be really hard to defend.

Mr. Scot made a comment about qb's leaving the eagles not being as successful, which is true but if you think about it like the poster above its scary. How do you game plan for those options our division isnt a defense nightmare its really a offensive machine ATL running with nice accureate passes. N.O. we all know and the new T.B. running with a crisp passing game.

I think Vick will atleast test the waters for free agency for one reason money, I don't know if people know he is on a bankruptcy plan living off about 150k for a year that's pennies to a star qb.

And if Kolb puts his foot down they may have to choose and hopefully (for us) they go with the younger option. We don't have to break the bank but Vick wanted to be here he has ties to VA and GA knows the division and something like weather might play a factor, you notice he was least effective in that FREEZING Philly weather the last few games. It never really gets that cold here just hope because we could use that you know that would get us some primetime games as well JR gets paid we become a contender again.

Just hope I know its a long shot but we do know Rivera knows that qb play is key to success.

Nobody remembers what happened to the last few quarterbacks that looked great under Andy Reid's system and then went somewhere else? :nonod:

That argument might be made for Detmer, but I am not so sure about some of the others. Garcia had a long career, and he was a pretty good qb everywhere he played. In fact, his numbers in Tampa look better than his Philly numbers do. Donovan Mcnabb looked bad last year in Washington, but all qb's look bad in Washington. Nothing new there.

If we are talking about star guys being released, Vick would be good but Peyton would be as Rivera would put it, solid! Manning has the best play action motion in the league, and with Williams and Stewart being the other guy on the end of it, that would be devastating to opposing defenses. Yet none of these guys are making it to free agency.

wow. it's funny how much things can change in one season... if this thread had been posted 12 months ago, the OP would have been neg-repped to the smack forum.

the only hate i have ever had for vick is because he used to spank our asses back in the day.

i think that vick would be a good fit here, especially if our OLine can get they're poo back together. imagine all the weapons we would have if we had Vick, Deangelo, stewart, smith, and drafted AJ Green as well, behind the offensive line that took us to the playoffs in 08. we would be really hard to defend.

....but things do change. Twelve months ago Vick was a QB that really wasn't that great of a leader. Now, he has proven that he can actually run an offense from the pocket and act in a mature fashion. That is a pretty big change.

That argument might be made for Detmer, but I am not so sure about some of the others. Garcia had a long career, and he was a pretty good qb everywhere he played. In fact, his numbers in Tampa look better than his Philly numbers do. Donovan Mcnabb looked bad last year in Washington, but all qb's look bad in Washington. Nothing new there.

Garcia went from coaching under Reid to coaching under Gruden. Both Reid and Gruden cut their coaching teeth under the same guy (Mike Holmgren).

Anytime Garcia played outside a WCO system, he sucked (bad).

From the Reid era Eagles you have...

A J Feeley - traded for a second round pick, proceeded to suck

Koy Detmer - released by the Eagles; picked up by Minnesota, sucked

Jeff Garcia - playing in the WCO, great; playing outside of the WCO, sucked

Donovan McNabb - looked like an elite QB playing for Reid; traded to Redskins, sucked

And now we have people again wanting to take a QB out of Reid's system, expecting that this time he'll be just as good outside of it as he was in it :skep:

What's that definition of insanity again? :nonod:

Archived