• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

AJ Green combine Prep

Ricky Spanish

Megatron hasn't always had the greatest QB situation in Detroit. Green needs a bit more weight, but he's been compared to both CJ and AJ. Will wait to see combine results. Arms/hands are big and soft. Big vertical with body control. Biggest issue might be coming off the line with an aggressive CB, BUT he has the speed and agility to seperate where a Dwayne Jarrett had neither.

Let's watch some combine.

I don't think having nobody to throw the ball to him is a valid excuse for not drafting him. We need to think further down the road than just next year. If the team feel that Green is a stud and the only pick player they feel comfortable taking at number 1 then they should go for him and sort the QB situation later, if it even needs sorted.

It's interesting how differently fans/scouts, coaches, gm's view talent, and rate them.

If Luck was in this draft, then ya go qb, no questions asked.

That simply isn't the case. Greene is the BPA IMO. If ya draft soley based on BPA, then ya snag this kid at #1 overall, and don't look back.

Now, ill be the first to admit, that I have no idea who the panthers view as the BPA. Their top 5 should change between now and the draft anyways. Then there is the statement they made, about going after need. Which I think would be a mistake. Of course, that could also be nothing morre than smoke screen.

Back to my main point. If you get an impact player (even at the receiver position) with the first overall, then it's a good pick.

If there were to be. No rookie salery cap, then I could see a decent argument otherwise. Pretty sure there will be a rookie salery cap with the new CBA.

Very few receivers in the history of the league have been worth #1 picks. They simply don't play a factor in enough plays to justify a #1 overall pick. I wouldn't mind him on the team, but not at #1.

Exactly. Even the best WR's will only catch 6-7 passes a game, but the QB touches the ball on every single snap.

BTW, Greg Little is working out with Green and Gabbert, and has impressed the hell out of both of them, as well as their coaches.

Archived