• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers new TE?

Paintballr

I think last year's purge of older players made it clear that the team was going young and building through the draft. Shockey being a past his prime TE when we're looking for an all-in-one stud is if anything, a wet band-aid.

The team drafting a TE in the 3rd, 4th, or 5th round I believe is more likely, with whomever works out (business wise) best between Rosario and King.

Free agent Jeremy Shockey will take a physical for an unnamed team on Thursday.

We suspect it might be with the Panthers, whose new OC, Rob Chudzinski, was Shockey's college position coach. Though Shockey has little left in the tank as a pass catcher, he could still help someone as a run-blocking tight end. Other interested teams could include the Rams, Bills, Dolphins, and Titans

http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/981/jeremy-shockey

Pure 100% Speculation. But Im sure some of you will run with this.

Guest Setfree1012

What's with all this injury prone talk...do you do any research before you speak? If I'm remebering correctly he's avg'd 12-13 games played the last couple of years, and he's only 30, a 2-3 yr deal incentive based is not a bad move. Saves us a pick and allows us to have more flexibility in the draft.

Now I'm not saying I'm a fan of him, but he's no slouch or push over. My concern would be can he keep his thoughts to himself if he didn't get the ball as much as he'd like.

Guest Setfree1012

I won't just go with 'no', I'll go with 'hell no'. The guy is old and we have two arguably good/great TE's to work with (Rosario, Barnidge)

Umm, I think I'll go with hell no here, avg yes. But to say good slash great is completely over-stated. If that were true RR wouldn't have said what he said in his first press conference related to our current stock of TE's.

Shockey is an improvement over both, though I'd be surprised if we went after him.

Archived