• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Felton for Tinsley deal in the works...

X-Clown

Per ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3897431

The discussions between the teams have been ongoing for weeks, though the parameters and pieces have continually changed. If the deal comes to fruition, the sources said, it would likely include Jamaal Tinsley, Jeff Foster and a third player (Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham, Marquis Daniels) going to the Bobcats for Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May.

Per ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3897431

The discussions between the teams have been ongoing for weeks, though the parameters and pieces have continually changed. If the deal comes to fruition, the sources said, it would likely include Jamaal Tinsley, Jeff Foster and a third player (Brandon Rush, Stephen Graham, Marquis Daniels) going to the Bobcats for Felton, Nazr Mohammed and Sean May.

Maybe it will include that rookie C from Georgetown that the Pacers traded with Toronto for. LB really liked the kid when he came thru for workouts prior to last year's draft (Roy Hibbert, I think). Might be wishful thinking, but that would be a nice trade. We'd get the better end of the deal for sure, getting rid of Mohammed and May.

umm I'm not sure about that one. Brown hasn't messed up yet with his trades though so I'll give him the Benefit Of Doubt on this one.

This has lots of positives and negatives. Tinsley has attitude issues but can run a team very well. Rush would be great to have along with Raja at the #2. Getting rid of Nazr would be huge and they are right that Felton is slowly playing his way into being offered a huge contract this summer that the Bobcats may not be able to match. Getting rid of Sean is a given.

But....

Sean would be gone after this season anyway and losing both him and Felton would free up cap to sign a decent FA at the biggest area of need (and when the team is healthy, there aren't too many glaring needs right now). By taking in these guys, the Bobcats would be very strapped to do anything this offseason and they might even have to go ahead and give their first round pick to Denver because they will be so cap strapped.

Ugh, I say leave it alone and see what happens to Felton this summer and try to match. But play it safe and draft a combo guard in case we lose him. We are a decent team when healthy and still less than three games out of the #8 seed even after all the recent losses. Plus GW is expected back soon (end of month perhaps).

u would think, as much as jordan/brown value felton, that we could get more for him than this article reveals. maybe hibbert could be enticed from indiana like someone said previously..IMO

Where do you get that they value him? They have tried multiple times to dump him this season and went out and spent a first round pick on the PG of the future this past offseason.

Felton has played much better of late, but ridding yourself of Felton means 5-6 "extra" possessions per game, meaning 3 or so better FG attempts than his erratic FG attempts, and 3 or so possessions where he pulls some boneheaded move.

What sucks about this trade is that it is all brought about by Ham Biscuit. Had Ham Biscuit understood how to coach anyone, then he would have kept onto Hermann and we would have never given up two expiring contracts for Nazr, who can't even get in the game ahead of May now. This rumored deal is mostly about dumping Nazr's salary.

Per Bonnell, the Tinsley - Felton trade isn't really there. the two teams have talked on and off, but an official with the team said that a trade isn't no where close to being done. Link

Seemingly it's Mainly because the Pacers don't want to take on Nazar's contract. (I wouldn't either), They also don't want to get rid of a third player in the deal. They want it to look like this.

Felton , may and Nazar (since they have to take him)

for

Tinsley and Foster.

You put it that way and I say no go. Rush or daniels would have to be part of the trade for me to want any part of it.

ESPN2 talked about this trade a little last night and seemed to think that it doesn't make sense for the Bobcats. Big risk with Tinsley concerning his attitude and the fact he hasn't played a game since last spring. He could be really rusty and we have already had to deal with an out shape May all season, for all we know he could be too.

Archived