• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3: Panthers select Terrell McClain

Car123

McClain offers more in the way of penetration while Fua is more of a run stopper.

these two might offer complementary styles and play different roles that lining them up side by side will make them better than just putting one in there or the other

I LOVE THIS PICK! He went to the same high school as me (Pensacola High School) and I have been loosely following his progress for years.

Here's an article from today's local paper on McClain: http://www.pnj.com/article/20110429/SPORTS/104290323/Ex-PHS-star-Terrell-McClain-expected-go-off-draft-board-today

Looks like we did some homework on this guy. It is nice to see us bring in a guy for a private workout and actually get a chance to draft him.

Dear Terrell McClain. Who the f*ck are you?

Poor man's Marcell Dareus. He can play multiple fronts. He can anchor, but runs below a 5.0 forty. Has a quick first step.

Drake Nevis was also on the board, but he is having trouble carrying 295 lbs. He shoots gaps and has trouble anchoring. With Landri, we have that.

This guy had a great Senior bowl and is considered to have huge upside. Needs to be coached up. Will be a three tech here, especially considering the fact that we drafted Sione Fua later (NT). I like what we have done. Still may bring in a veteran.

This is great n all...but if Otah can't stay healthy, he needs a replacement. :)

Clint Boling makes sense. He is a 4 year starter with exp at both T's and at RG. If Otah gets healthy kick him inside to play RG.

If not him, would love to see Jordan Cameron here. The guy will be a beast.

Archived