• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Clausen hires new agent....

rayzor

mainly because his died in march.

i imagine he'll be trying to get traded as soon as possible if he wants a starting gig or at least a chance at one. won't be getting that here.

Lots of folks are of the opinion that he could start a few games especially if we don't sign a veteran.

Lots of folks are of the opinion that he could start a few games especially if we don't sign a veteran.

he could, but i just don't see it happening. even with his year of experience in the league, i just don't see him being better enough than newton to warrant starting ahead of him.

if we were dealing with a situation where we had a good solid vet entrenched in the role...that might be worth benching newton for a couple games, but that isn't us. if newton has a grasp of the offense (and all signs are pointing to that) then he will be starting.

I don't see why people can't get behind our staff developing him into a possibly great backup QB. He did look like utter sh*t last year, but at least consider what our new coaches can do. I've said this before: If I trust them to make Cam a star, I trust them to make Jimmy a solid backup QB...that we can trade in 2-3 years.

He's handled the last few months professionally and is obviously willing to be taught. He got the reality check of his life last year and hopefully that did something to him.

I don't see why people can't get behind our staff developing him into a possibly great backup QB. He did look like utter sh*t last year, but at least consider what our new coaches can do. I've said this before: If I trust them to make Cam a star, I trust them to make Jimmy a solid backup QB...that we can trade in 2-3 years.

He's handled the last few months professionally and is obviously willing to be taught. He got the reality check of his life last year and hopefully that did something to him.

I actually think that it would be much easier to turn Jimmy into a great backup, than turning Cam into a good starter.

Archived