• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more F@#$%!gPanthers to LA talk!

Brokenbad

Of all the teams, the Jags seem like the most logical choice... they have a tarp over half the seats in their stadium because they can't sell them.

I would really hate to see the "L.A. Vikings" that would make as much sense as the Arizona Cardinals.

If a move was to happen soon, I'd say Chargers. If it happens later on down the road I'd say Jags. They still have a lease in their way.

I read something else that said these guys in LA would be willing to pay the 24 million it would take the Chargers to break their lease... not sure how much it would cost the Jags?

There's a big difference in wanting a team and buying controlling interest. Even the crappiest teams are worth a lot. (Note who's worth the most in the NFC South)

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/30/football-valuations-10_NFL-Team-Valuations_Rank.html

Yeah, but they wouldn't necessarily have to buy a controlling interest to convince them to move to LA.

My personal choice would be to see the Rams move back.

I think the only reason why people say the Panthers is the appearance, whether true or not, that there is no succession plan in place....... SO if JR dies it is possible somebody could swoop in, buy the Panthers and move them. That all being said I cant beleive JR doesnt have something in place. Eventhough his kids arent involved anymore now, I cant beleive his plans wouldnt be to pass the Panthers down to them.

Finally... if something like a move to LA happened I am sure somebody would organize all of us PSL owners in some kind of lawsuit. There is probably some loop hole or language that might make it possible to screw all of us BUT none the less the PSL issue has to make it more difficult to just pick up this team and move it. That is ALOT of people with ALOT of $ invested in their seats.

I would really hate to see the "L.A. Vikings" that would make as much sense as the Arizona Cardinals.

Or the LA Lakers. Bad enough that LA stole the Lakers from Minn years ago. Can't LA get their own team and not steal them from the Minnesotans?

:rolleyes:

I think the only reason why people say the Panthers is the appearance, whether true or not, that there is no succession plan in place....... SO if JR dies it is possible somebody could swoop in, buy the Panthers and move them. That all being said I cant beleive JR doesnt have something in place. Eventhough his kids arent involved anymore now, I cant beleive his plans wouldnt be to pass the Panthers down to them.

Finally... if something like a move to LA happened I am sure somebody would organize all of us PSL owners in some kind of lawsuit. There is probably some loop hole or language that might make it possible to screw all of us BUT none the less the PSL issue has to make it more difficult to just pick up this team and move it. That is ALOT of people with ALOT of $ invested in their seats.

His estate could still Own it and he could still have someone manage it(in his will) like Hurney or Morrison cause he still would have shareholders if he died.

Id say the Jaguars. Florida has too many teams for their area, IMO. Bucs have a history, Miami has a very good history. Jags haven't gotten to the superbowl yet, at least we can claim that as the opposite expansion team. Jags would fit out there I think.

Archived