• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SIR - McNabb?

if it wasn't for the fact that he comes from an andy reid WCO, i'd think it would be a great idea. hard to think of a better mentor for newton.

coming from that offense really handicaps QBs transitioning to another system. it doesn't necessarily need to be someone from an identical offense, but it should be someone with experience in a non-WCO.

i don't think that he would be hard to get, though. price and expectations will be lower than people think. it won't be dante culpepper bad of prospects, but he won't exactly be getting favre type offers either.

still, he's going to wind up going to a very QB needy team.

Donovan McNabb signed to a five-year extension worth $78 million, $40 million of which is guaranteed, could potentially be worth $88 million if McNabb meets certain performance-based incentives. Idiots.

Donovan McNabb signed to a five-year extension worth $78 million, $40 million of which is guaranteed, could potentially be worth $88 million if McNabb meets certain performance-based incentives. Idiots.

redskins have a loophole that gets them out of the deal.

Well, it turns out the Redskins haven't completely lost their mind when you look at the figures secured from the NFL Players Association by ESPN's Adam Schefter on Tuesday. If the Redskins decide to cut ties with McNabb following this season, they'd only be on the hook for $3.75 million. This had the makings of an Albert Haynesworth-type albatross when news broke Monday afternoon, but the actual figures make more sense in the light of day.

My favorite line in Schefter's report: "The deal's maximum value is $88.5 million if McNabb leads his team to a Super Bowl victory every year."

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/21700/a-closer-look-at-donovan-mcnabbs-contract

not sure who you are calling idiots.

the contract he has with the redskins doesn't mean much to anyone...unless the redskins decide to keep him around.

redskins have a loophole that gets them out of the deal.

not sure who you are calling idiots.

the contract he has with the redskins doesn't mean much to anyone...unless the redskins decide to keep him around.

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the contract come with him when he is traded?

Maybe I am wrong but doesn't the contract come with him when he is traded?
he wouldn't stay with that deal. that contract would be renegotiated to something far more reasonable. no one believes that he would stay under anything close to that contract.

it's essentially a non-issue.

I would be in favor of it. I don't think him coming from a WCO would be a bad thing. He is a good quarterback. The Redskins just didnt have the talent on offense for them to succeed. The year before, McNabb put up some really good numbers in Philly. I think in our offense with our young receievers and running game, McNabb could succeed here as well as become the perfect mentor for Cam. But either way, I think Cam will be fine with or without one.

Archived