• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CNN reporting salary cap will be...

Stumpy

While everyone was arguing over whether the lockout is over and who should or should not stop posting, I found this from CNN.com

The proposed agreement includes a new rookie compensation system, a salary cap of $142.4 million per club in 2011 and additional retirement benefits, according to the NFL.

I don't know if this number is true or not, but it is a good bit more than $120-130 mil that has been reported heavily the past few days.

If CNN is correct, that would leave us almost $60 mil under the cap without restructuring Kalil's tag. The 90% rule would make for a salary floor of $128.2 mil giving us $45 mil to reach the minimum.

Anyways, CNN might not be known for covering sports, but they do know how scoop some inside info. So, hopefully this is true.

According to ESPN and the owners... The cap rule is 99% this year... Which basically means all teams will have to damn near Max the league cap... If this is true, we're bout to spend a shyit ton of cash on FA's...

If u couple that with JR's comments about being aggressive I think that every Carolina fan will be extremely happy with what JR and the FO will do this offseason.

One thing is for sure... We will be spending more $$ than ever in FA this year... It's a win for the franchise and fanbase...

I could be off a little, but once we sign all the rookies and players we had last year (DW, CJ ect..) that should be around 43 mil give or take a few million. That would bring us to around 116 million. So to make the 99% or 94% reported we would only have around 4-14million to play with then???? Anyone have better numbers??

I could be off a little, but once we sign all the rookies and players we had last year (DW, CJ ect..) that should be around 43 mil give or take a few million. That would bring us to around 116 million. So to make the 99% or 94% reported we would only have around 4-14million to play with then???? Anyone have better numbers??

We gonna backload the hell out of Kalil, Beason, and some other players. New CBA will have some kind of protection clause for vets in their 30s who make alot of $$$ which will allow these vets salaries not count 100% against salary cap.

According to ESPN and the owners... The cap rule is 99% this year... Which basically means all teams will have to damn near Max the league cap... If this is true, we're bout to spend a shyit ton of cash on FA's...

If u couple that with JR's comments about being aggressive I think that every Carolina fan will be extremely happy with what JR and the FO will do this offseason.

One thing is for sure... We will be spending more $$ than ever in FA this year... It's a win for the franchise and fanbase...

OK, I've explained the cap rule for cash spending before.. It's lengthy..

The cash spending average for the NFL must be 99 percent or 118.9 million.

Now a small market team such as TB can get by with spending only 89 percent or 108 million.

The small market teams can only get by with that if the league average is the 99%. Every team will be between 108 million and 120 million in cash spent for this season.

What teams have to do is spend enough cash to get above the Spending limit, while also staying below the natural Hard Cap of 120.4 million.

After this season the Cash spending floor will go down, but only to around 90 - 94 percent.

Also the Rookie Cap isn't a slotted based system it's a rookie pool similar to how it used to be, expect it has a hard cap now for each team.

Veteran salaries will increase 10% each year through out the 10 years of the deal.

I think people here attribute being aggressive in free agency as us going out and signing a bunch of new guys. I see it to mean that we are going to be aggressive in keeping DW and CJ and then go after others with what is left. I think our big free agent signing will be a DT and then we will get a CB with what $ we have left (if any).

Archived