• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bank of America Stadium = Poorly built for rain?

Varking

I am not sure how many people here actually went to the game but for those who sat in the front row with me can vouche, this stadium sucked on Sunday. It got to the point in the first half where you literally could not sit in your sit because water was flooded so high, if you put the seat down to sit, it was over you. Where the railing was, the water was that high and flooding over the side onto the field. Is it like this at other stadiums?

I'm not sure any stadium is built to handle that much rain in that short amount of time. Flash floods can happen anywhere including stadiums.

I was laughing at the folks in the first row who chose to stay where they were (up to their knees in water) instead of moving up 1 or 2 rows... a few of them were clearly enjoying the attention.

I'm not sure any stadium is built to handle that much rain in that short amount of time. Flash floods can happen anywhere including stadiums.

I was laughing at the folks in the first row who chose to stay where they were (up to their knees in water) instead of moving up 1 or 2 rows... a few of them were clearly enjoying the attention.

I was on the 50 in the front if you were talking about me. It was cool, we got game worn wide receiver gloves thrown to us.

I like BOA from an attractiveness standpoint, but dang it doesn't drain well.

The fact that the field was still splashing to the end of the game indicates to me that the field drainage system is very, very inadequate. In 2009, Auburn had a home game against WVU that had a deluge just prior to the game and actually delayed the game for about an hour. Much like BOA yesterday, the water was pouring down from the stands and creating pools on the field.

By the time they started the game though, no splashing. The field had totally drained. I was really surprised that BOA's drainage seemed to be overwhelmed.

Archived