• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seeing Steve beat the crap out of Roman Harper was awesome.

Cat'sGrowl

Exactly.

If I had been McDermott, I would have sent my 4th string LB straight for Brees on the very next series. 5 seconds after the play ended, I would have lit his ass up.

The only way to deal with a bully is to punch them in the mouth.

Greg Williams is and always has been a dirty POS.....the perfect fit for that poohole of a city the Saints play in. It smells like a herd of cattle took a giant dump right in the middle of the city.

Yup, the only way to get the Saints to stop taking cheap shots is to show them that Brees will pay for it.

• 10 months later...

1) Anybody here think recent events might give us a new perspective on this hit?

2) As a Falcons fan, I'm not exactly partial to Steve Smith, but I watched this game and this was the most entertaining 30 seconds of the season; 89 undresses Greer, scores, takes the hit like a man, and finishes his celebration before stomping into the fracas and punking Malcom Jenkins. Comedic gold, IMO.

That wasn't even Harper that everyone ganged up on. It was safety, Malcom Jenkins.. One of the smallest guys on that side of the ball.

And, while I agree that the late hit by Harper was wrong, Smith had no business doing what he did to Jenkins. Hitting someone as they've just crossed the goal line (and celebrating before he even got there), is questionable. Grabbin someone by the face mask, and trying to break their neck is on a whole 'nother level.

Harper should have been penalized, as he was, and a fine issued (which probably will happen). Smith should have been ejected from the game for what he did. Remember, folks, this is just a game.. Do you really think that Smith would have felt great about what he did, had he broken Jenkins' neck with that stunt? I doubt it..

With all of the stupid/childish comments going on here between BOTH sides, I hope that some folks can see it for what it is. I'm a Saints** fan, and I think that Carolina WILL be a dangerous team in the coming years. So, I respect what's going on over there. But, I was disappointed with the conduct of both teams today, and how the refs handled things.

Travis

Not even a year later and you don't care who won or lost the game.

But the memory of Smitty whipping up on a little punk like Roman Harper will last a lifetime, and only gets sweeter and sweeter with each new Saints** scandal.

When I become owner of the Panthers, that photo is being painted at mid field.

I am so sure the Saints* are worried about a punk like Smith. Harper was just doing what most of the league wants to do and I am sure that Smith got laughed at for acting bad by pulling somebody by the face mask. He is such a thug and the Saints* have always laughed at his tough guy approach. Great skills but a little girl when it comes to backing it up

panthers-Saints*-6.jpg10142769-large.jpg

Archived