• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Wallace?

Catalyst

You are just ranking Cam Newton's raw passing yards.......at 10th. Which isn't a fair representation.

Cam Newton played 16 games. He isn't being compared to 32 other QBs who started 16 games. So boasting about your #10 ranking for Cam as an indivdual ......is flawed.

Carolina was credited w/ the 13th most passing yards. Carolina did not have a top 10 passing attack (at least from the yardage aspect).

had the Panthers not lead the nfc in ypc.............

I believe we might have thrown more. just saying.

had the Panthers not lead the nfc in ypc.............

I believe we might have thrown more. just saying.

And where did our passing offense rank in turnovers per pass attempt.........it wasn't good? We were much improved from a year ago in terms of positive production......but our passing game isn't good yet.

we do not need a receiver this year. Yes we do need one but not yet. Gettis coming back and hopefully he will be fully healthy and ready to go. LaFell coming into his own late last year. (okay, that really sounds nasty) We can wait another year for a WR, since we have other needs.

Our passing game is certainly already good. To say otherwise is ridiculous. It isn't elite yet, but it's definitely good.

What are Cam's yards per attempt? I'm pretty sure more than half of the 12 teams ahead of us on YPG pass a lot more than we did.

No, our passing game needs work. It isn't in the ballpark of being one of the better ones in the NFL. We went from horrific to middle of the road.......don't let the explosive plays fool you. It is an explosive attack......but it is wildly inconsistant.

Our passing game was greatly improved. Big difference.

Archived