• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scout On Coples

unicar15

Im getting more and more excited about Coples too. I got on this bandwagon after thoroughly evaluating our team and the draft and i just came to the conclusion that he is who we need to draft if cant get claiborne, to me there really isnt anybody else worth the pick at that spot and he feels a huge need. His versatility will be a big use to us which is what Hurney always looks for anyway and if anybody can coach him up and get him to be a dominant player its Rivera thats how much confidence i have in him. I occasionally go over to youtube and watch his analyst tapes on some games and it just gets me more pumped. Cant wait till the draft. Thats all if we decide to pick him.

So he played hard against Virginia Tech? What about all those other games. I'm not big on excuses and he has tons of them. I would gladly take a less talented player with strong football charachter. The only reason Cam is a Panther is because his football charachter was off the charts. His throwing was not worthy of the no.1 pick but he made the front office believers.

Everyone made excuses for Peppers and even in his best seasons he was playing at 80% of his potential. Then you have guys like Jared Allen with less talent that lead the league in sacks.

Everyone made excuses for Peppers and even in his best seasons he was playing at 80% of his potential. Then you have guys like Jared Allen with less talent that lead the league in sacks.

How the hell does Jared Allen supposedly have less talent? At 6'6 270 lbs, he's a freak.

And also, I think Coples can solve our run issues.

So he played hard against Virginia Tech? What about all those other games.

Yeah you took the words right out of my mouth. I can't hate though, I haven't watched enough games to make an informed decision. You'll need to give more more than one game to convince me though.

OK, I just watched his tape against VT, Miami and Missouri. The first 2 were good, the last one... holy crap. This guy DEFINITELY has a motor problem. It's so freaking obvious. There were plays where the running back ran straight passed him without even an attempted tackle.

I can take every dline prospect of the past 20 drafts and go through tape and find stretches in games or whole games where they had instances just like you posted above. Does that mean every dlinemen ever drafted has effort and motor problems????

No it doesn't, it means he had a bad game. The whole UNC defense was horrible in that game. Seriously, the hate he gets is just stupid. Look at it this way, this is a kid who didn't grip when asked to move from DE to DT, then didn't gripe when asked to move from DT back to the other DE spot because of other me first players.

This is a kid who's been put through hell for a whole season. UNC turmoil, Position change for the 2nd time in three years and his third Dline position. Coaching changes and a new dline philosophy. All he did was go out and got 17.5 sacks and over 24 TFL in those last two seasons, but doesn't have heart or a motor.

Give me a fing break, most kids would've transferred or just went in the supplemental draft. He stuck it out and gave it his best shot at a new position.

I can take every dline prospect of the past 20 drafts and go through tape and find stretches in games or whole games where they had instances just like you posted above. Does that mean every dlinemen ever drafted has effort and motor problems????

No it doesn't, it means he had a bad game. The whole UNC defense was horrible in that game. Seriously, the hate he gets is just stupid. Look at it this way, this is a kid who didn't grip when asked to move from DE to DT, then didn't gripe when asked to move from DT back to the other DE spot because of other me first players.

This is a kid who's been put through hell for a whole season. UNC turmoil, Position change for the 2nd time in three years and his third Dline position. Coaching changes and a new dline philosophy. All he did was go out and got 17.5 sacks and over 24 TFL in those last two seasons, but doesn't have heart or a motor.

Give me a fing break, most kids would've transferred or just went in the supplemental draft. He stuck it out and gave it his best shot at a new position.

Go on, show me tape of former 1st round picks, ones without noted these supposed intangible issues where the effort level was this bad throughout the entire game. I'm not just talking about that one non-tackle either, he didn't even want to engage the o-line in many plays. If you really think that a guy who's played so many D-line positions could get so lost from coaching change and changing sides, I really don't know what to say. These things I've described aren't even specific to his position, it's basic stuff for every D-lineman in any scheme.

Archived