• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How Much Credit Does Chris Weinke Deserve?

Car123

The one thing about Cam is since the day after the NTL Championship he's been spotted all over the country. Pre draft he was training with that guru in California. Then down at IMG. Since then he's been spotted at the Panthers facility while most guys were relaxing. He's been rumored to work out in ATL and back at IMG this off season. He wanted to go hang with Beason in Miami but I think he was to busy for that.

You never hear about Cam taking a week off to head down to Cabo. He's doing commercials and working out all the time. Forget his gifts for a minute, his work ethic is what makes me expect every year to be better than the last.

To the OPs point I'll give Weinke some credit. I have a feeling Weinke would talk to the Panthers and then relay it along to Cam. People talk about Cam not having an off season last year. I think that was to Cam's advantage. While other guys were sitting on the couch and staying in shape, Cam was preparing physically and mentally.

Archived