• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Network Draft grade & Delhomme

raleigh-panther

I also remember the experts absolutely drooling over the Panthers picking both Biakabutuka and Carruth. Drafts shouldn't have a grade given until after a few years as it is absolutely impossible to predict. The surest thing picks will bust some and the nobodies will become stars some...which only makes it intriguing.

Yet every namby-pamby no-nothing in the media has to race to grade the picks immediately and it is just totally pointless.

I just glad someone posted the link w/source , because I was too lazy to and nor did I think it was necessery. I got blasted because I said analyists around league were baffled by money we gave to jake and our continued strategy of not looking at any future qb options. Espn,Nfl Network...all have the same conclusions about Jake and our draft. Because I did not list the actual site...I was not believed and "ignorant". All you have to do is turn on the radio or the TV to see what everybody thinks of our draft and Jake-no supirse it does not fit in with the wise men. :boxing_smiley: I do think giving up a first was a stretch , we could have moved up sooner....but Im not irate over it -like Jake

Yet every namby-pamby no-nothing in the media has to race to grade the picks immediately and it is just totally pointless.

I had to laugh tonight when I was watching that rookie show with Stafford, Cushing and Crabtree and Crabtree's agent was saying that the two QBs were likely to be busts yet Crabtree was a surefire NFL Star. Lulz.

It is totally pointless for a few years, but as with a lot of things it is just something to get people talking.

I fall for it too, because I can't get enough football, so even crappy football talk is better than no football talk or news.

I also remember the experts absolutely drooling over the Panthers picking both Biakabutuka and Carruth. Drafts shouldn't have a grade given until after a few years as it is absolutely impossible to predict. The surest thing picks will bust some and the nobodies will become stars some...which only makes it intriguing.

Well to be honest. Both were good selections. Biakatuka was destroyed by injuries and Carruth was a good WR but was also a murderer.

For what its worth, Mike Lombardi, Terrell Davis

...stated the obvious, much hinges on how well E. Brown does.

Gave the Panthers a C+ for not addressing the QB 'issue' with Delhomme.

Said, team was fairly set except for QB.

Said team will not advance until that issue is addressed.

Said we were severely cap strapped...duh.

I quess star QBs grow on trees.

Oh well...just fodder for a slow day.

I agree. THey never said that our picks had a high bust value or whatever. My beef with them is that we don't just need a QB, we need a QB that's better than Jake eventually. Considering that 60% of HOF QB's are from the 1st round, it's not exactly an easy deal. We had no 1st round picks this year and the draft class is relatively weak. They expect us to be able to get a franchise player in the most bust-prone position of the NFL? Yeah, don't like it.

I agree 100%....(don't think I am siding with the "experts", just making an observation with my statement).

Most "experts" opinions of the Panthers are usually off quite a bit in my opinion but then again I am no expert in Panthers football either. Personally I think ESPN should hire you as their Panther corespondent.

That is because we are not one of the glamour teams. GB, NE, DALLAS, NYG, PITTS. They take the last performance they remember and gauge everything off it. I bet you could walk up to 75% of these know it alls and ask them who either one of our backup QB's were and WITHOUT looking at a stat sheet, Couldn't tell you.

Yeah, it was on WFNZ so it should be podcasted. I believe he was commenting on a callers comment. Like I said, he said the right things about Moore but I really sensed a lack of confidence in him from Gross.

Whereas Wharton has openly come out gushing over Moore. Who knows?...

I think Pat White's ability to scramble and extend a play would have been a nice fit. Thats mainly the main problem with Jake is his inability to consistently extend a play. Smith is a top 5 receiver in the NFL and with just a bit more time for him to eat coverages, Smith could really produce 1,800+ yard seasons and his QB would be granted over 3,000... even with your potent ground game.

I almost wonder if Pat White would have been a better move then Brown, guess you can only fill one need at a time though. I know a few Bucs fans who were high on Everette Brown, so with that said... I guess we all have our own opinions. I'm just glad the Bucs grabbed Freeman in the 1st instead of someone else we'd have to groom. Freeman, was the perfect fit for our offensive scheme (whether it takes a year to groom him or not, he's only 21 years old and has a huge arm)

Hey LBF, is that the same Freeman in your signature that you hoped would be gone by pick #19 so the Bucs would not pick him....is it the same guy that you said was over-rated? I thought so.

Hey LBF, is that the same Freeman in your signature that you hoped would be gone by pick #19 so the Bucs would not pick him....is it the same guy that you said was over-rated? I thought so.
yes....his homerism knows no bounds. like that was ever a question.

Archived