• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Russell Wilson

unicar15

This kid always had 1st round talent and skillset. Very smart player. His height is what made everyone scared to take him. If he was 2-3 inches taller, he'd probably be a Redskin over RGIII.

This is coming from a UNC fan btw.

Just watched an interview with him on NFL.com...this guy is intelligent and well-spoken. He's going to be a very special QB for the Seahawks and I'd put him in the running for rookie of the year...I'd bet he has a better year than RGIII, who is playing in a ridiculously harder division than Wilson. Seahawks could steal the NFC West this year.

• 3 months later...

Lets see what happens before we decide much about him. What did you expect Carroll to say? He sucks and it was a mistake to pick him in the third? Somehow I think Flynn will start and he will be fighting for the third quarterback slot.

Why would you spend millions on a QB in Flynn and expect a 5'10 3rd rounder to start?

He's talking to the birds. This is just to help Wilson get motivated.

Hope Russell does well in the pros but this was one of my WTF draft picks. The Cousins pick for the redskins was obviously much worse and extremely dumb, but they are very similar selections.

Seahawks just invested money in Matt Flynn to be the guy and a week ago announce that there is basically an open competition for the QB job. Not a big fan of Flynn to begin with, but teams should do things to make their investments successful.

Still don't know what the Skins were thinking. Worst pick in the entire draft IMHO. Even worse than the Pats selecting a 4th string rugby player. 2 bad games from RG3 and the whispers will start.

Competition is great for everyone involved, but the draft choices could of been better spent and these two particular players (Flynn,RG3) and expected to and are being paid to be the guy.

staters i still find hilarious, as with their 2 pennies.

Seattle sure has collected a bunch of good back up QBs. I think Wilson can be good, but not in Seattle.

More Sharing ServicesShare on email

Sorry...just for good measure.

What a waste in Matt Flynn, almost Hurney-level pathetic on behalf of the GM.

Waste? I wouldn't say that at all, the team has cash, and a reliable backup QB. Trust me, if you were a Seahawk fan, you would be elated with the fact that there is an actual backup, and your season isn't over if your QB gets hurt. Seattle has a history of horrid backups since the DK days. Plus, we can still trade Flynn and release his contract. The Seahawks GM is one of the best out there. We got Lynch for ten cents, one of the best in the draft. Plus we got Flynn who we can trade because our THIRD ROUND pick turned out to be a gem. Very pathetic, lol

What a waste in Matt Flynn, almost Hurney-level pathetic on behalf of the GM.

By the way. Everyone was ragging on the organization because they selected Bruce Irvin in the first round and Bobby Wagner in the second. Irvin leads the Seahawks in sacks, Wagner leads the team in tackles. Yeah, I don't think Seahawk fans are looking to fire the GM. lol

Archived