• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whistle Blower Identified in Vilma Case

L-TownCat

So in a murder case for instance, if someone tips the police to who the murderer is, the cops go bring him in. The guy admits to it, but then later he starts whining that the person who turned him in happens to be his angry ex-girlfriend, and thus the case isn't valid?

Sounds legit.

Yep - having an axe to grind does not change the guilt at hand, just a pathetic attempt to shift the attention elsewhere. To me, it just puts more light on the entire organization as a classless clusterfug. Congrats to them.

Goodell is still keeping his hands on the rest of the so called evidence though. I wonder if Goodell is bluffing or not.

edit: Isn't it technically worse for the Saints* if Vilma comes back? they've been doing their negotiations with Brees with the notion that they will save cap space with suspended players.

Goodell is still keeping his hands on the rest of the so called evidence though. I wonder if Goodell is bluffing or not.

edit: Isn't it technically worse for the Saints**** if Vilma comes back? they've been doing their negotiations with Brees with the notion that they will save cap space with suspended players.

lols do you really think smart billion dollar corporations bluff? Do you remember what happened to one of the more recent? Enron?

To bluff would be to gamble with the credibility of the most successful sport in the United States. Why would he gamble on that, whats the reward for risking the gamble? What he stands to lose if someone calls his bluff doesnt equal the risk that he's taking to supposedly hide something as you say

Its just not probable.

It's really getting irritating how pro football talk continues to back the Saints* and antagonize the NFL with these player appeals. Maybe it's the lawyer in Florio but I just don't see his motivation to go after the NFL. Every single day he writes a piece about how the players aren't getting a fare shake. The cheated, everyone knows they cheated, yet Florio is on a campaign to sway public opinion in the players favor.

This isn't a murder case. I don't care about due process. If your guilty that's the end of it.

It's really getting irritating how pro football talk continues to back the Saints** and antagonize the NFL with these player appeals. Maybe it's the lawyer in Florio but I just don't see his motivation to go after the NFL. Every single day he writes a piece about how the players aren't getting a fare shake. The cheated, everyone knows they cheated, yet Florio is on a campaign to sway public opinion in the players favor.

This isn't a murder case. I don't care about due process. If your guilty that's the end of it.

Florio is just a sensationalist that does what he needs to for clicks. It's like when guys here make a thread titled "Newton gets arrested for DUI", and then you open it and it's Chris Newton special teamed for Quebec of the CFL. It get's people to view their thread, and Florio does what he does for website hits.

just when you think the guy has become a bit reputable, he sinks back to his old ways.

florio is a lawyer and a media prostitute (since i can't spell out the similar word that starts with a 'w' and ends in 'hore').

he built his career by slinging poo on the wall to see what stuck and got lucky.

grain of salt should be taken with pretty much anything he says, esp. in this kind of of situation.

For anyone and everyone who even remotely considers that Goodell may be bluffing in this case, please tell me WHY? WHY in the high holy hell would he do that? What possible reason would he have to fabricate some story and then suspend players? What in the fug would be his motivation to do this?

For anyone and everyone who even remotely considers that Goodell may be bluffing in this case, please tell me WHY? WHY in the high holy hell would he do that? What possible reason would he have to fabricate some story and then suspend players? What in the fug would be his motivation to do this?

Yeah its odd. Right after the scandal broke, lots of former players came out and more or less admitted to being involved with bounties in the past. Most seemed to agree that it wasnt a shocking revelation, it was just that the Saints* were more obvious with it and got caught.

For some reason, based on the evidence that Goodell has released to the players and their parties, the players aren't convinced with the information they're given. The players seem to think that if that's all he has to offer to defend himself, then he's probably got nothing.

So either the players are bluffing and making it seem like it's not all that bad in order to play the media(most likely) or Goodell is claiming to have a lot more evidence to shut them down but isn't choosing to play it. I'm 100% he's not actually bluffing, I'm sure there's sensitive information that he couldn't release or something.

Sorry I've been watching a lot of Suits lately and everything is a bluff now. Ignore anything I said about bluffing.

the only "victims" are the ones that the bounties were on.

vilma is no victim. vilma and the other parties the league found guilty are in the wrong and their lucky that they didn't get arrested, imo. i wouldn't be surprised if there was a suit against the guilty parties at some point. in fact, they should be expecting it.

Archived