• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Positives from today?

Niner National

The D played very well in the 2cd half. They sucked in the 1st half, but they showed they could adapt and make adjustments.

Frank Alexander needs to be starting at DE very soon.

Smitty is still a monster.

LaFell, Olsen, and Murphy did what we need them to do.

TD looked great running around out there.

Munnerlyn played all pro as a nickelback.. and he belongs there. He made 2 great swats in the slot.

Our defense played great.. our offense lost us this game, which is a change from last year.

I chalk this loss up to not having game tape on a rookie head coach. We made great adjustments at the half, and to think if we had game tape.. we would have been playing that well from start to finish. I will panic if we lose to the Saints* at home next week. It's hard to imagine the Saints* at 0-2..

I've sat back, turned my air conditioner down and drank a few beers. I'm starting to calm down. For me the bright side is we played very very poor and still almost won. Conversely the Bucs played very very well and almost lost. The season is only a game old, we have 15 chances to atone. If you just run down the stat line you will see we were definitely in this game even though it felt like a blow out.

Also all of the so called "power houses" in the NFC struggled today. Eagles, Giants, Packers, Saints*, and Lions all looked shaky. Hopefully this is a wake up call to the players. I think it's very apparent they had this game marked down as a win before kickoff.

Archived