• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Walking dead season 3

nobody

Extremely disappointing finale. Yeah the gov shooting up everyone was 'jaw dropping' but we already knew he was a psycho. Why the hell did Martinez and Ed Reed go with him anyway? That made no sense to me.

A season finale is supposed to have closure, the end of a chapter. This was just another episode.

pie for ed reed

A. Thats Show Biz

B. This should never be a concern, I'll get to my thoughts on that

C All of them could be wiped out in the first 5 minutes of next season

D Kind of agreed, thoughts below

My call before the show was that Milton and Andrea die for sure and I was correct, which was kind of surprising in a way. The reason for this is simple: there was nowhere for their character arcs to really go. Rick already has people acting as his conscience in different ways so Milton would have been useless. Andrea had a strong arc the past few seasons, from a lawyer and her sister, to a girl who just wanted to die, to a woman who wanted to shoot everyone, to a peacemaker wannabe - she served her purpose and was given a great ending.

As far as no one else dying, at first I totally agreed with you, but it's clear from Ricks plan that he never intended to have actual hand to hand combat - he gambled on the Governors people freaking out and it worked. I really did think that Maggie or Glenn was going to get it.

I don't read the comics precisely because of the post above. There are things that work great in that format, there are different things that work in episodic television. When you have to get renewed every year, planning 3 years down the road is not much of an option. A season needs to be able to be closed out in a few episodes for the suits thinking about DVD sales, a bummer yes, but all shows end. It's been stated over and over that they have no real allegiance to the comic, it's more of an inspiration than a guide.

The Governor going crazy floored me but after thinking about it for a while, I buy it. Imagine the group getting to the coast and getting on a boat to an island, and here comes the Governor on a commandeered frigate with a pirate flag lol

Can someone tell me what happened after the entire new group got to the prison (if anything)?

My stream cut off with like 5-10 minutes left I believe.

Can't remember the order of everything at the end, but just in case, Rick just told Carl that they are joining them, and Carl stormed off. Everybody filed in. Pan away and done.

This was previosuly mentioned, but Carl will begin to hit a grow spurt very soon. I wonder how they handle this?

I know I wasn't the only one who was rooting for Milton to hurry up and get Andrea...she really needed to go.

I'm not opposed to the Gov getting away at the end. At least next season he will be in full evil mode. His evil personality has already evolved, we only got to see 1/2 of an episode of it.

I am a fan of the "character development" episodes, like the one with Morgan. I enjoyed the pacing this season.

Enjoyed the finale, but I agree it could have been better.

Not sure I like Rick bringing those people back, but it sets up a great long term feud between him and Carl.

Will be good to see who joins sides when that starts rearing it's ugly head.

This was previosuly mentioned, but Carl will begin to hit a grow spurt very soon. I wonder how they handle this?

I know I wasn't the only one who was rooting for Milton to hurry up and get Andrea...she really needed to go.

I'm not opposed to the Gov getting away at the end. At least next season he will be in full evil mode. His evil personality has already evolved, we only got to see 1/2 of an episode of it.

I am a fan of the "character development" episodes, like the one with Morgan. I enjoyed the pacing this season.

i'm thinking they will take advantage of it and up the conflict between him and Rick.

The people who bash on the show really don't understand what the Walking Dead is all about. Yes, I do agree that the ending was disappointing but that's ONLY because it was advertised as being some amazing epic showdown. From a subjective point of view what they ended up doing makes the show a lot more interesting. Sunday night's episode is the first time we've seen a true comic book version of the Governor. All of the people hating and saying that he should have died must not be a fan of character arcs or great villains because they've done a lot of great stuff with Governor. I also find it very funny how the complaint history for this show goes

Season 1 - Not enough character development

Season 2 - NOT ENOUGH ACTUN 2 MUCH TALKIN

Season 3 part 1 - Too many deaths

Season 3 finale - OMG WTF NO ONE DIED

I really think that some people just bitch for the sake of bitching

Archived