• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we blame Richardson and not Hurney?

Snake

It would be foolish to think Richardson is blameless.

But nothing can really be done about him. The best hope for keeping an owner in check is a strong GM. You hope that the owner sees the need for a different point of view in the decision making process and hires that GM.

None of this changes the fact that coaching and management are a problem for this team...or that I believe Hurney is not the right GM for this team....or that I believe Rivera and his staff are not the right coaches for this team.

You fix what you can fix.

he's to blame for hurney staying around if hurney isn't getting the job done.

fox has only himself to blame, tho. he didn't get the job done. he was told to get 2 winning seasons in a row and he was half way there when he was given the ultimatum. he had a winning season in '08. he just needed to pull one off in '09 and he couldn't. richardson didn't like the direction the team was going under fox so he moved on. the only fault i see in the way it was handled was in richardson not having fox fired when the decision was made to move on from him after the '09 season.

if we don't have the right coaching staff and/or players, that's on hurney. if we have a GM that isn't getting the job done then that's on richardson.

It's not Hurney. Hurney has his issues but nobosy was riding his ass before opening day against the bux like they all are now. His job is practically over as soon as Connor Barth kicked off. You crucify GM's during the draft and FA. Anyone frying his ass now but not before is jsutt showing how f-cking stupid they are. This team has LOTS of talent and is better talent-wise than it was last season. Our schedule is a bit easier to boot. Why we suck is because of our effort and the motivation that proceeds it.

a thread about blaming owners is a joke

a thread about blaming a GM in OCtober is even worse.

a combination of the two... rancid

We should blame Rivera. All this anti-Hurney poo is pissing me off. Two months ago we were all talking about how talented this team was and how we had one of the most talented offenses in football and how this year's draft class was going to be the best in franchise history.

Now, after the coaching staff screws the pooch, all of a sudden Hurney is the bad guy? I realize Hurney had a big hand in hiring Rivera, but who here wasn't sold on Rivera after that first press conference?

I heard a good point on the radio this morning. What if Marty Hurney's only job is to take the heat for Richardson and manage the cap?

Maybe Richardson is just a closet Jerry Jones and doesnt want to stick his neck out. Let me paint a scenario for you....

JR deep in the bowels of BOA sitting behind a large desk in front of a fireplace slowly stroking his cat. With the press of a button Hurney rushes in to nurture JR's every need.

JR tells Hurney to draft that little QB from that mountain school that everyone is talking about. Hurney protests politely but gives in knowing that as long as he takes the brunt of the punishment his "contract" will never expire.

Sound Legit?

Most of the people upset with Hurney aren't screaming for his head because of the crap team we've fielded this season alone. There's his drafting record recently, the stupidity of overpaying not one, but two fuging running backs, his allergy to bolstering obvious holes in talent in FA (and when he did actually try to grab someone of note.. we grabbed a fuging RB/FB hybrid), prioritizing the RB/LB position with our top tier picks, trading away high draft picks (and all the cascading fun it brings in future drafts), a terrible overall record during his tenure, etc. etc.

Saying "omg stupd overacting fanz wants Hurney gon loll" is disingenuous at best.

Archived