• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"All I know is this team knows how to lose"

Zod

I was at the game with my brother (bucs fan). I have not even watched a game in a few weeks. He asked me to hold on to these tickets and go with him and i really didnt want to but he couldnt find anyone to go with him. So i went, despite vowing to not spend a dime on this team again, until i see some change. I did not even so much as buy a soft drink though.

At the end of the game, when we were about to punt with about 1 min left, he asked if i wanted to go. He said this one was over. I told him it was far from over and i would not be even a little surprised if you guys ended up winning. What was funny was watching so many panthers fans leave with 1 min left thinking it was in than bag. Lol

We were up eight and my wife said "good for you guys its over " and I said "its never over for the panthers". We watched them tie it up and instead of watching the inevitable I just put on my shoes and went out for a run. The run was the best part of the afternoon.

I knew we would figure out a way to lose this as well. I really can honestly say though, this is the first game I watched that I wasn't jumping up and down or screaming. In fact the only real emotion I had yesterday was on the bone-headed special teams play that made Nak into a running back....still scratching my head on that one.

I walked out of the bar during the final 5 minutes of the Seahawks, Bears, and Cowboys games because I was beyond doubt that the team would give the game up. They play like a battered housewife: timid and waiting for the first sign of disaster to retreat. I turned the game off yesterday as soon as TB kicked the field goal. One of my best friends is a Ravens fan and was looking at me cross eyed asking why I didn't want to see my team get its 3rd win to which I responded that the offense would not move the ball. I then said that it wouldn't surprise me if they drove it down the field via Martin & VJax, and I thought that it would be Clark that would get the 2pt conversion before we let them take the first OT drive all the way for 6.

15 minutes later while he was checking his fantasy team, he let out a, "Awe... buddy..." and gave me a hug. I knew :(

Archived