• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If Rivera is fired, who is the new coach?

Catalyst

At least this was a well thought out HC thread, and one done with some research behind the candidates.

Two names brought up on this thread will probably not be in for any real consideration. Perry Fewell interviewed with us last year, even if Marc Ross is brought in, I'm just not sure that he's a likely candidate. And Mike McCoy sucked ass in his time here as a QB coach. Really really sucked. He's been pretty terrible developing QBs in Denver as well, and is riding the success of Peyton.

His suggestions were very well thought out. My only point is that we have about a dozen other threads on HC possibilities.

I just don't understand why people make new threads to discuss topics that are already being discussed.

Kyle "the man" Shanahan!

But no, he's stayin in DC so my vote goes to Rick Dennison.

What I like about Dennison is as much from his Broncos run as with the Texans.

I would completely trust him to solidify our offensive line which is possibly our biggest problem. He was a big reason Shanahan always seemed to have great running backs imo. And if we're talking about an offense to get Cam to excel in, I'm looking at the Texans. I love how they've used the likes of James Casey, Owen Daniels, and Garrett Graham this year. I think we already have some of the personel to use in the Kubiak/Dennison offense in Tolbert, Olsen, and Barnidge. Draft some o-lineman and a WR with Dennison and that would be a formidable scenario imho.

Chip Kelly has never coached or played on the pro level. Other than the prospect of a rapid-fire no-huddle offense, what's the attraction there? And what makes anyone think that he could get the Panthers to execute that offense at the pro level well enough to counter what NFL caliber defenses do against it?

Chip Kelly has never coached or played on the pro level. Other than the prospect of a rapid-fire no-huddle offense, what's the attraction there? And what makes anyone think that he could get the Panthers to execute that offense at the pro level well enough to counter what NFL caliber defenses do against it?

Insiders have said he is basically the next Jon Gruden. Relentlessly efficient, hardest worker in the building, has run three different offenses at three different schools in three different conferences. Everyone who has any insight into Chip Kelly has said the guy is going to be a star head coach. I have no doubt...and hope we sell the fact that he can coach the ultimate spread QB if he comes to Charlotte.

We need an executive in here who can manage this team..not just a smart NFL mind. It's the main reason I want someone with HC experience and not just another coordinator.

Pretty sure I wouldn't want Kelly. Just because he's capable of ripping up the Pac-12 doesn't mean he's the next Harbaugh. The lack of any NFL experience is what scares me about him. It's a completely different animal compared to college. He should go for a OC job in the NFL first before jumping head first into the pros. Talk about a gamble...

Insiders have said he is basically the next Jon Gruden. Relentlessly efficient, hardest worker in the building, has run three different offenses at three different schools in three different conferences. Everyone who has any insight into Chip Kelly has said the guy is going to be a star head coach. I have no doubt...and hope we sell the fact that he can coach the ultimate spread QB if he comes to Charlotte.

We need an executive in here who can manage this team..not just a smart NFL mind. It's the main reason I want someone with HC experience and not just another coordinator.

Jon Gruden had seven years of pro coaching experience before he got the Raiders job, including three as an Offensive Coordinator. Kelly has no NFL experience at all.

I hear what you're saying though, but I've heard it before. They said it about Spurrier too. Here's a few other names--Mike Riley, Lou Holtz, Nick Saban, Butch Davis, Bobby Petrino,

Kelly will get hyped, and get a job, and look really really bad. He can't even win the NCAA championship, how is he supposed to win in the NFL?

Archived