• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jerry Richardson interview on the stadium renovation.

Panthersfan704

JR should not be anything more to you than the Panthers. Unless you're related to him? I don't understand the unfound love for a guy who has destroyed the franchise the last 5 years. The tax payers have always been the reason the Panthers are in Charlotte and as someone who lives in Charlotte I have no problem paying for it but the fans/charlotte people get less credit than JR at times. For the last 5 years JR has not been on the better half of owners and has embarrassed the panthers countless times. If he were to step down today the next 5 years would not be worse than the last 5.

The reporter is a greasy slimeball. But he has a point and that is JR likes to ignore the public, unless there is money needed. I myself want JR to talk to the fans more than every 3 or 4 years and I am not talking apology letters.

Glad to see the ass kiss of Richardson is live and well. Reporter had a valid questiona nd JR tried to blow it off. Just like he didnt say anything in his remarks.

Valid if you're a Teaparty supporter. Not valid if you have any common sense. The Panthers have sold out games 10+ years and you're going to question cheap renovations that are going to spur economic growth for another 15 years on the only sure product in America. Get a clue.

Valid if you're a Teaparty supporter. Not valid if you have any common sense. The Panthers have sold out games 10+ years and you're going to question cheap renovations that are going to spur economic growth for another 15 years on the only sure product in America. Get a clue.

Funny trying to bash me. But you talking about get a clue. So the Panthers have sold out the past 10+ years (actually it is 11) , So that tells you they have been making money every single year. Why dont they spend that money on the upgrades instead of asking for money from the city and state? Plus with the Bowl game and Acc Championship game.

So since Richardson is asking for handouts from the State and City. He has opened the organizition up to those questions the reporter is asking. If he doesnt want to answer dont ask for handouts.

But no he can be his smug self and people will ignore it because they like the Panthers. Fine thats your choice and its my choice to bash him.

Your last line is amazingly baffling. Well run on sentence but this part "the only sure product in America". Surely you dont think that football is the only sure fire product it has going for it? If it is this country is really screwed!

BTW I dispise almost everything the tea party is about please dont try to lump me in with them. Now go give JR your taxes so he can get richer.

It's a completely fair question.

And if I still lived in Charlotte, I might be a little upset as well. Like any other city of its size, it has it's problems- least among them being Bank of America Stadium's condition.

For what it's worth, I can understand the idea of the escalators and such to provide better accessibility. But in the current landscape, I'd probably have a difficult time justifying the city's investment in the form of a tax, even if it's only on a commodity like "prepared food and beverage."

My thoughts on this are only compounded by the fact that one can easily make a convincing argument to say that the franchise has been mismanaged for the better part of it's existence. Only 4 winning seasons since 1995 is a testament to that.

That said, I think the organization has something to prove before asking for the assistance of essentially everyone in a major city.

In all fairness, though, Israel Balderas did come off like a total douche here. To say he was editorializing more than simply asking a question is probably an understatement.

It's a fair question but it's ambush journalism. Jerry should answer it with a prepared statement in a controlled environment. If you were confronted at work about something with a coworker or in your expense reports you would want to get the facts in front of you so you don't misspeak. Sometimes you can say something under pressure that is not accurate or not a clear explanation. You deserve to be clear in your response.

Now if Jerry never answers the question... then yeah you guys have a right to be upset. Personally I'm not. I'm happy with the deal.

Archived