• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talib?

PantherAZ

Again though, are the Patriots really not going to resign a guy who can make their otherwise terrible secondary a lot better?

And oddly, no one sees this as a red flag :unsure:

There's a difference between choir boys and a dude who has shootouts with his family. Happy medium and all that.

i think he'd be great for those 9 games a season he isn't suspended or in jail.

Pretty much.

"Not a choirboy" is one thing. "Idiot with a tendency to do really stupid things that can get him arrested and/or suspended" is another.

Regardless of what we think I have no doubts Richardson would never, ever allow it.

agreed and i don't have a problem with this.

while i don't think we need to have all choir boys on the team, we really don't need someone with talib's baggage and propensity for getting into bad trouble.

There's a difference between rowdy guys and criminals, especially violent ones.

If you think a guy who's willing to commit a violent crime (domestic violence, shooting at someone, rape, etc) is okay as long as he can play football, you take the sport way too seriously.

I say. Go all Jeff Fisher on his asz. Sit him down for six or so straight hours, and see if he cracks. If he walks out or fails, you pass. However, if he gives a great interview, why not give him a shot?

It is going to be a buyers market in the next few months. It will only take one desperate team to overpay guys like Talib to drive the price up. Hopefully, teams are learning the consequences of f-ing with the salary cap. Maybe free agency is finally working the way it was intended.

Offer a fair deal. Throw in a franchise quarterback, with an up and coming team. Who knows? They may see we are building a winner up in here. Maybe they will want to come along for the ride.

Archived