• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Have you ever reached a point where you were actually going to switch teams?

ThatNiggaManny

Has never crossed my mind. I have switched nba teams from the Knicks to the bobcats though.

Panthers are too much a part of my life; of my own doing. Season ticket holder, tattoo, group of friends with same love for the team. And of course my 8 month old son is named Cameron.

Love this team.

I grew up in South Carolina, and have been a panther fan since the inaugural season. I have since moved to Oklahoma, and have lived here for 10 years.. the only way I could fathom switching at this point, is if Oklahoma got their own team. I don't think anyone could blame me for that.. that's how we all became Panthers fans to begin with.

For me, no and will never.

However, I don't think anyone here is going to come out and admit to bandwagoning.

I'd venture to say 75% of the people with Cam in their name are bandwagoners. As Cam wasn't the media darling this year, many of those style posters just weren't around here.

In terms of the thread, I'd never switch from being a Panther fan. I was a Chiefs fan because of Joe Montana when I was younger, but now its the Panthers or I wouldn't watch it at all.

Can't do it. I'm born and raised in Charlotte. I used to be a diehard hornet fan as much as I am a panther fan now. When the Hornets left I said fug the NBA as a whole. I tried to be an NBA fan again with the Bobcats but the leauge as a whole seems different than what I remember it being and don't enjoy it as much now. Anyway I root for the home team. I love football so much not sure what I would do if the Panthers moved. Can say this tho if they left and replaced them with a new team in Charlotte. Then id go with the local team for sure.

I couldn't understand someone wanting to switch their fandom. I wish the Panthers were a dominant team but it has zero effect on my self-esteem, so no matter how bad they may be I'll still be an avid fan.

It has nothing to do with self esteem, it has to do with entertainment. I mean, you don't watch the same lousy movie over and over, you look for good movies. Why watch a lousy team play over and over? Football is entertainment.

No way, never in a million years. Hell, I'm heading down to the team store at lunch today to waste some more money on Panther stuff that I don't even need. I do this about once every 2 weeks.

He also drives by Cams house and stares in his windows.

Archived