• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers were targetting Russell Wilson last year

JawnyBlaze

Alex Smith, Rex Grossman, and Joe Webb are all playoff QBs. Would they beat out Cam, stirs?

I'll wait for you to talk about kids' allowances and not answer. Thanks.

Don't think they would. Russell Wilson might.

The whole thing that has all your collective shorts bunched, no matter how you try to be wittier than the next, is competition.

All I mentioned was that it would be interesting to see the competition and who do you think would win? That sent shockwaves through the ranks here. In typical fashion, you try to upstage each other with more and more outrageous statements.

When speaking to people acting like kids, I treated them as such. Poisoning the well, I think it was called.

Your whole question above is mute, because nobody here would allow the competition. That was the rub. Get it. That was the rub. I just argued the point that competition is what camp is all about and a perennial losing team should not shy away from putting the best guys on the field.

i still think cam would beat wilson in a straight up quarterback competition because his size and arm make him better suited to the kind of offense we want to run.

here in realityville though i can't imagine a scenario where a rookie walking in to his first NFL training camp could conceivably challenge a guy who just got done breaking peyton manning's passing yards record and notched 35 touchdowns. he would never, ever get the chance. out of all the positions on offense that need to be fuged with right now quarterback is 11th*

*depending on how you're counting positions. it's dead last no matter how you look at it.

The whole thing that has all your collective shorts bunched, no matter how you try to be wittier than the next, is competition.

All I mentioned was that it would be interesting to see the competition and who do you think would win? That sent shockwaves through the ranks here. In typical fashion, you try to upstage each other with more and more outrageous statements.

When speaking to people acting like kids, I treated them as such. Poisoning the well, I think it was called.

Your whole question above is mute, because nobody here would allow the competition. That was the rub. Get it. That was the rub. I just argued the point that competition is what camp is all about and a perennial losing team should not shy away from putting the best guys on the field.

moot*

it's not that we would not allow the competition, it's that there would not be a competition. no matter what team cam played for, his job was sealed as the starting quarterback. if the patriots drafted wilson do you think there would have beeen a competition for starting qb? no, even if wilson outperformed/poo all over brady during offseason workouts/camps/otas, brady's job is safe.

it may even more ridiculous to say this with cam, as he was coming off the greatest rookie season of all time at the age of 22.

lol so your "that's that Flynn thought" comment and "says a lot about us if we sat a playoff QB" argument were just arguments for competition?

Dude, stop. Just admit you posted before you thought and go on to the next thread. Nobody will remember this tomorrow. No need to try to save face.

Archived