• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

have you forgotten smash mouth football? You want a sexy air attack that loses in the 4th qtr. Been there done that now back to the roots.

This is the most ignorant statement I have read in a long time. Go look at the Packers and Patriots and tell me that throwing the ball all over the place and running barely enough to keep someone honest doesn't work in the NFL. Absolutely ignorant....

yea the roots most of those games were winnable but we has shaky Jake and one of those tears he had an injury so yea back to the roots that took us to the super bowl. So I guess you forgot about that. Change your attitude being a dork is starting to fit you pretty well.

Ah right, the roots. Never a back to back winning season, overpaid RBs and LBs, being unable to do anything once a team went up by 14. The good old days.

Gettis doesn't have a place....so wtf are u talking about?

Glad you read the entire conversation from the first post i made in this thread until now. But since you want to know wtf im talking about, who would you the amazing Fox007 pick as the replacement to Smitty in the 4-7th round?

All I was saying was there nobody that could take Smittys place much less Lafell, Hixon, Ginn or Gettis in the late round. Hope I cleared this up for you.

yea the roots most of those games were winnable but we has shaky Jake and one of those tears he had an injury so yea back to the roots that took us to the super bowl. So I guess you forgot about that. Change your attitude being a dork is starting to fit you pretty well.

*Goes to the Super Bowl once and loses*

*Thinks championship roots are born*

You guys know there wasn't a second round receiver that would be better than Lafell this season right?

You know the future? If Steve Smith was in this draft....you would be talking about him in that context.

More importantly, we simply need to have young talent GROW with Cam. We aren't doing that. Just adding scrubs for a year and then repeating.

Name a young QB with at least 2 years in not named Cam starting?

You people are smoking crack. Gettleman help to build two superbowl champions in the past several years. I think he knows how to win fuggin games. You guys are going all crazy saying we are getting rid of Cam and what not. Seriously? Holy crap. We took Star in the first and Short, another DT in the 2nd to replace Dwan Edwards and to ROTATE in to keep our D line fresh so they can actually FINISH a game. How many games were we winning in the 4th quarter and then lost in the last two years, oh that's right TWELVE. I love the way this team is headed. Already in much better shape, IMHO. Just wait, when we make the playoffs this year I want to hear all you crybabys then. Just go be a Cowboy fan if you don't like Gettleman, or just GFO.

yea but they aren't your average team plus that had defenses that backed them up with quarterbacks that can throw the football threw a needle 30 yards out. To compare our current roster to theirs means you have run out of gray cells and went to a safe comparison which isn't really safe because you are comparing apple's to a brick. So its best that you take a few hours away from the board before everyone notices how dumb you really are. You don't know squat.

This is the most ignorant statement I have read in a long time. Go look at the Packers and Patriots and tell me that throwing the ball all over the place and running barely enough to keep someone honest doesn't work in the NFL. Absolutely ignorant....

yea but they aren't your average team plus that had defenses that backed them up with quarterbacks that can throw the football threw a needle 30 yards out. To compare our current roster to theirs means you have run out of gray cells and went to a safe comparison which isn't really safe because you are comparing apple's to a brick. So its best that you take a few hours away from the board before everyone notices how dumb you really are. You don't know squat.

I literally have no idea what you're actually trying to say here. This entire thing you call a paragraph made zero sense at all....

Go be a Jets fan if all you care about in the draft is: moving up, making trades, and drafting high profile sexy picks. It seems like that philosophy has worked out so well for them. Man, why can't we draft like the Jets? They have so many more QBs than we do!

Loaded? As in we have a couple RBs clapping on the sidelines?

We an aging Smith. Nothing else stands out. Smith might not soon

Yes loaded.

You have D-Will, Stewart, Tolbert, Olsen, Gross, Kalil, Smitty, and perhaps the most dynamic QB in the NFL that is still getting better as established plus offensive players.

You have Laffell that is emerging as a legit #2 receiver who has made several big plays the last two seasons.

Gettis flashed as a rookie but is admittedly recovering from some injuries. Pilares is a big play threat when he is on the field, we just signed Hixon, Joe Adams is still developing but is great in space and could be a big play threat.

Yeah, we are loaded with talent, and a lot of the receivers are young and still developing.

The only area I am concerned about in the immediate future is the O-line, but we also have a big hog molly playing QB that mitigates some of those issues.

Don't get me wrong, I still feel like we need to find a long term solution to replace Smith when he hangs up his cleats, but honestly, I don't see a lot in this draft that was available when we picked in the 2nd that could be that guy and by the 4th it becomes even more difficult to get a future #1 guy. If we went WR in the 4th we would likely have a guy in the same boat as Kilares, Adams, and Gettis. It would just add another guy fighting for the #4 WR spot.

So yeah we are pretty loaded, and I would take our offensive talent up against just about any other offense in the NFL.

Go be a Jets fan if all you care about in the draft is: moving up, making trades, and drafting high profile sexy picks. It seems like that philosophy has worked out so well for them. Man, why can't we draft like the Jets? They have so many more QBs than we do!

I actually don't give a poo about moving up. I would prefer we stay on the clock long enough to give teams the chance to offer us a trade down. I am pretty salty that we passed up Shamarko Thomas who would easily start day one at SS though...

The most disappointing thing I think is seeing other teams with young QB's make a concentrated efforts to take the next step with his development. It really almost as if Gettleman doesn't see him as the future which is utterly hilarious.

You know the future? If Steve Smith was in this draft....you would be talking about him in that context.

More importantly, we simply need to have young talent GROW with Cam. We aren't doing that. Just adding scrubs for a year and then repeating.

Name a young QB with at least 2 years in not named Cam starting?

Jesus, you want us to plunge into the middle rounds of one of the worst skill position drafts in memory for "the future". Take a step back and get some perspective. A fourth round pick on some random asshat in this draft was not going to be "the future".

It's the NFL, you can't have awesome young talent waiting at every position. That is not how this league works. Maybe we'll get a top flight guy next year, maybe not.

I have no idea what your last sentence means.

Archived