• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What are you looking for in Cam next year?

ncguy2184

It may have been, there were so many mind numbing moments. We need killer instinct from top to bottom.

Not trying to go for a score before the half equates to three things.

1. You don't trust your qb

2. You don't trust the talent you have around him

3. Your playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

None of those are good

Guest HelloWorld

Honestly, fourth quarter wins. He has struggled to go out and win games late. If he can win in the 4th quarter we should make the playoffs.

4th quarter wins? What does that even mean! If we can't win in all 4 quarters we'd better lose out to get the #1 overall pick for 2014. No Andrew Luck heart pounding miracles here. We either win because we're the better team or we lose. The colts will have a rude awakening this year. I see there schedule. I see them going 6-10. We don't need a one hit wonder forth quarter miracle team.

While we're bad we'll be bad but when we're good we'll kick ass and take names.

You do realize the zone read has been part of Cam's success right? It isn't a bad thing at all used properly (which outside of maybe 2-3 games in his career it has been the right mix) ....which is why half the NFC post season teams ran it

I think, as an entire offense, we would be better without it for several reasons. I would sprinkle it in a few times a game, but that's it.

Cam has the ability to be a very good pocket passer and we have...and pay RB's to run. I love Cam's escapability, but he's taking too many hits unnecessarily for me. Let the RB's run, it why they're on the roster and consuming much of the salary cap.

statistically i'll say 4000 passing yards, ~500 rushing yards, 60% completion, 25 passing tds, 7 rushing tds, 12 picks

better footwork, leading to more consistency in his throws

pocket awareness - he is an absolute freak of an athlete and can escape pressure at any time but if you look at the statue that is tom brady you'll see his ability to avoid pressure and manipulate the pocket is unbelievable. cam needs to do more of that.

i was going to mention something else but i totally forgot what it was

Not trying to go for a score before the half equates to three things.

1. You don't trust your qb

2. You don't trust the talent you have around him

3. Your playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

None of those are good

#3, Rivera.

Should of given Cam the ball against Atl on 4th. Road game....you go for that

4th quarter wins? What does that even mean! If we can't win in all 4 quarters we'd better lose out to get the #1 overall pick for 2014. No Andrew Luck heart pounding miracles here. We either win because we're the better team or we lose. The colts will have a rude awakening this year. I see there schedule. I see them going 6-10. We don't need a one hit wonder forth quarter miracle team.

While we're bad we'll be bad but when we're good we'll kick ass and take names.

4th quarter wins means when the game is on the line we close the door and win the game. This isnt all on Cam, but when the game is on the line great qb's get it done.

Cam cant do it by himself, but he also cant make mistakes at very very critical times. Whether it be a fumble, taking a sack, throwing an incompletion or an int. It just seems like in his first two years we have been ONE play away soo many times. As a team that must be corrected, that starts with the coach and moves down the line.

I want him to finish games. The first lost to Atlanta was Cam's fault too.

We would have still won that game if Nakamura had made a play like a safety instead of a play like a staggering drunk.

Nice of you to note Cam's error which PRECEDED Nakamura's and ignore Nakamura's in order to conveniently blame it all on Cam.

Look at how many games Ryan won in the fourth quarter. The difference between Atlanta being a 8-8 team and their 13-3 season was totally on their offense scoring late to win games. Brees has made a career of doing that. Newton absolutely needs to be money in the fourth quarter and he needs to be able to drive the offense late to win. And yes it is largely on the quarterback to win late. The defense is playing looser and trying to keep everything in front of them. We are passing the ball to get downfield and he has to run the 2 minute offense and be able to improvise. If we score within the last 5 minutes then he did his job. Then it is on the defense to keep the league. But until then, it is on Newton.

I think, as an entire offense, we would be better without it for several reasons. I would sprinkle it in a few times a game, but that's it.

Cam has the ability to be a very good pocket passer and we have...and pay RB's to run. I love Cam's escapability, but he's taking too many hits unnecessarily for me. Let the RB's run, it why they're on the roster and consuming much of the salary cap.

Cam could be just a pocket player and be okay

Or

You let Cam be what he is...and let him be special.

I totally get someone not wanting him to be short yardage runner. I dont agree as I think he still should factor in to short yardage but I totally get the other side. But all his other running? he is much more at risk throwing the ball then when he runs outside of a goaline/short yardage situation. He doesn't take shots.

Archived