• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

B 747 Crash in Bagram, Afghanistan

Jeff L

They are saying that the cargo slid to the back of the airplane causing it to go nose up like that.  To me it looks like the pilot pulled up a little to much and stalled the airplane.

I was an air traffic controller for 21 years and spent a year at Kandahar in Afghanistan.  Most of the civilian pilots were scared they were going to get shot down and would climb like a bat out of hell to get above 10,000 ft.

They are saying that the cargo slid to the back of the airplane causing it to go nose up like that.  To me it looks like the pilot pulled up a little to much and stalled the airplane.

I was an air traffic controller for 21 years and spent a year at Kandahar in Afghanistan.  Most of the civilian pilots were scared they were going to get shot down and would climb like a bat out of hell to get above 10,000 ft.

Sorry for the crew and family. Also that video shouldnt have went viral so quickly that is going to hurt the family more. 

That and being worried about being hit by a rocket on the ground.  Did alot of planning of flights to Afghanistan when I was in Michigan didnt work for National but their headquarters was on the same field.  Would always get a call once in awhile of the crew having to duck into the bunkers. 

Either climbing to steep, shift load or stuck pitot and not enough speed.  Hard to say at the moment without all the details.

The black box has probably already been recovered so we should have some idea of what happened in the next month.

Archived