• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle's Bruce Irvin suspended for 4 games

Mage

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/highschoolsports/2013/05/17/bruce-irvin-suspended-four-games-for-violating-nfl-policy-on-performance-enhancing-substances/

Bruce Irvin of the Seattle Seahawks has been suspended without pay for the first four games of the 2013 regular season for violating the NFL policy on performance enhancing substances.

Irvin will be eligible to return to the Seahawks’ active roster on Monday, September 30 following the team’s September 29 game against the Houston Texans.

Irvin is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games.

I know this is technically not Carolina-related but in my opinion, it is still a pretty big deal for us as we play Seattle Week 1 and Irvin is their only legitimate pass rusher with Clemons recovering from a Torn ACL, thus likely to not play and not be close to 100% if he does, and they also recently lost their only true consistent interior rusher to injury this past week.

Irvin had 2 sacks against us last year.

well they did just get M Bennett and Avril, they are loaded with pass rushers

Michael Bennett has a torn rotator cuff.

As for Avril... I'm not too concerned about him.  For one, he never began seeing success until Detroit switched to a Wide 9, which is known for inflating sack stats ala Babin, and Suh came to town.  Certainly a talented player but, considering his vulnerability against the run, I think we'll be much better off with Avril starting at defensive end rather than a combination of Clemons and Irvin.  Irvin being out helps us tremendously when you consider our offensive line isn't exactly a strength and I think it turns this game from a so-so one to one that is very winnable, pending on our secondary and health.

And lets be real, Byron Bell and Jordan Gross can block Avril. They really can't block Irvin.

Irvin was a situational pass rusher last year, and after Clemons went out after the Redskins game, was just a sled against the Falcons. He blows.

lol at another seahawk getting popped

Archived