• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Redskin fan logic

SCP

We can knock RG3 for the wedding gift thing, but in all honesty, if Cam had a registry at BB&B I would buy him a Breville Juicer if he asked for it. I have one and they are badass and I'd wake up every sunday thinking, Cam Newton is gonna get up and work out and kick some NFC South ass today because of the delicious vitamins and nutrients my Breville Juicer provided. Then I'd write to JR after our SB victory and ask for a team ring for doing my part.

Bob Griffin love will be Bob Griffin love until he starts to play poorly and his team doesn't win. And ignorant people will say stupid poo because they try to repeat what the "experts" on ESPN and NFLN say. Not even worth getting mad at anymore...it's like banging your head against a brick wall

Very true its quite sad actually I cant stand to read anything by espn or nfln its like football for stupid people and those people hear what the "experts" say and all jump on a players bandwagon or hate on a player based on what the media says

Truthfully, "fan" and "logic" are two words that don't exactly go together all that well regardless of what fanbase you're talking about.

Granted, some are worse than others (Cowboy fans, for example).

isnt the word fan short for "fanatic"?

I'm so sick of hearing about RG3 and the goddamnnn Redskins...

I don't think there is a player is the NFL (well maybe besides Mary Ice) more annoying than Bob Griffin.

He's like that kid in class who would just sit there all day kissing the teachers ass and everyone just ate it up ...he better have fun watching from the sidelines because the way he plays, he's always going to be hurt.

Truthfully, "fan" and "logic" are two words that don't exactly go together all that well regardless of what fanbase you're talking about.

Granted, some are worse than others (Cowboy fans, for example).

Redskins fans are up there, they're bad. Good loyalty yes, but so caught up in the Redskins they can't seem to fathom logical understanding..

I'm so sick of hearing about RG3 and the goddamnnn Redskins...

I don't think there is a player is the NFL (well maybe besides Mary Ice) more annoying than Bob Griffin.

He's like that kid in class who would just sit there all day kissing the teachers ass and everyone just ate it up ...he better have fun watching from the sidelines because the way he plays, he's always going to be hurt.

I have no issue with Griffin himself, honestly. He comes across as a very likable young guy. By all accounts he's polite, articulate, friendly and a good teammate. I do think the criticism over the wedding registry thing is valid, mind you, but overall I have no issues with Griffin. Some of his fans, yes (similar to Tbow in that regard) but not RG3.

My take on him as a quarterback, though?

I think his career will take a similar path to Michael Vick. Mind you, he's a better passer and a million times smarter than Vick, but durability is likely to be his Achilles heel. As such, he'll probably be a staple on highlight reel shows, but I doubt there's a Lombardi in his future. My take on Mike Shanahan (overrated) factors in here too.

Bottom Line: Great an athlete as he might be, I don't think his body can take the pounding he's gonna get, especially given the style of offense he plays. If he makes it five years in the league as a starter, I'll be surprised.

The dudes knee was torn to poo his FIRST nfl season, and he took some major hits (i.e) concussion.

This all happened his first season....part of his game is as much the run as the threat of the run.  He will have to adjust for him to be in this league. Because he is not going to be able to run like he did last season, otherwise he won't be in the league after 5 years, maybe less.

He's also an idiot when he takes off. Rarely do you see Cam get hit hard unless he is diving into the endzone, because he knows when he has gotten all he can and he gets down or out of bounds. RG3 is just not smart with his body.

You know one thing I never see mentioned in the Cam vs. RGIII/Kaepernick debates is that so much of the 49ers and Redskins offense is more rollout, motioning, use of pistol and other BS.  Granted this past year we used a ton of read option(albeit when we shouldn't have) but even still Cam displayed so much more behind center in traditional formations than RGIII or CK, this year and his rookie year.  Basically what I'm saying is their offenses are all BS.

Yes, Wash has a total gimmick offense, and SF uses the pistol a lot as well. Neither Griffin or Kaepernick show any signs of being able to patiently sit back in the pocket, and wait for plays to develop at the moment, especially without the threat/crutch of a run game. 

Those two's success in the NFL last year, was mainly dependent on excessive trickery (RG3) and a strong run game (Both, with some trickery). This was in contrast to Cam, who too many, so many times, had to stand in there like a Man, and sling the rock, with no legitimate run option, deep threat or offensive line. 

Archived